Graphics
Asus GTX760-DC2OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, I'm currently dual-booting Windows and Mac, but wanting to upgrade my GPU to a GTX 1070. Since the drivers aren't ready yet, would it be possible to run Windows off the 1070, then when I needed Mac, to just change the HDMI output to come from the motherboard instead?
I assume that just having an inactive and incompatible GTX 1070 in the mobo wouldn't effect the way Mac runs if it's using the on-board graphics right?

Hey everyone, I'm currently dual-booting Windows and Mac, but wanting to upgrade my GPU to a GTX 1070. Since the drivers aren't ready yet, would it be possible to run Windows off the 1070, then when I needed Mac, to just change the HDMI output to come from the motherboard instead?
I assume that just having an inactive and incompatible GTX 1070 in the mobo wouldn't effect the way Mac runs if it's using the on-board graphics right?

You could enable onboard iGPU. Set onboard as primary in the bios then add your 1070 OS X will ignore it as theres no drivers for it.

You could enable onboard iGPU. Set onboard as primary in the bios then add your 1070 OS X will ignore it as theres no drivers for it.
Hi! Sorry for refloat this thread but I would like to ask something about this issue. I think this will work if the screen is dual connected with two HDMI cables, isn't it?
I think it's obvious but I'm considering to do this too because I would like to update to a GTX 1060 and the drivers are an obstacle to do it. I would like to do it with my current GPU (a GTX 660) and the new 1060.
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back