Contribute
Register

Dual boot Windows/Sierra with Windows as default, UEFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 77000k
Graphics
PNY GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

I'm looking to install Sierra and Windows 10 on 2 separate SSD's but have no idea whatsoever about UEFI etc.

I currently am running Windows and Yosemite and just hit F12 and startup to choose the OSX drive if I want to use the Mac, this then goes into chameleon before loading Yosemite. If I just switch on the PC and I don't touch anything it boots directly into Windows. I'm happy enough with this setup but am now upgrading my mac SSD so it seems like a great time to move to Sierra too.

UEFI seems to be the way forward (not that I really know what that means ) And I've made a Unibeast UEFI drive, but I guess it means reinstalling Windows too? (Not a problem if so as long as this doesn't complicate matters). I'm either looking for a way of installing both OS's with Windows being loaded by default unless I press something.

I'm basically looking for a simple idiot proof way of being able to boot both os's from their respective drives, but with Win 10 being the default OS. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Jim

Thank you for this, can I ask how I change the config.plist? I have an EFI Backups folder that has a plist in but not sure where the "active" config.plist would be. Sorry to ask such a basic question but this is a minefield for me at the moment and I don't understand 75% of what I'm reading :( it will come with time I guess...

I'm also having trouble with the Ethernet which I'm guessing may have something to do with the config file too.

thanks in advance

Use Clover Configurator to edit config.plist on your EFI partition (/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist).
Thank you, it was the "how to" of using Clover Configurator that I was having trouble with, all working like a charm now, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back