Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the step to rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi given on the Guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html. But it works fine until i do not choose to open windows from bootloader menu at startup. If i choose to open windows bootloader gets undone & next time i start my system windows opens by default.

Looks like windows messing it up.

A Windows update is probably replacing the file. After an update to the file, make sure bootmgfw-orig.efi is the new file, not the old one.

The problem persists even without any update. I checked it out by simply booting to windows & immediately shutting it down. The file is renamed again to bootmgfw.efi every time i open windows.

The problem persists even without any update. I checked it out by simply booting to windows & immediately shutting it down. The file is renamed again to bootmgfw.efi every time i open windows.

Yes... is because you have the wrong file there. Windows will continue to correct it until you get the new version at bootmgfw-orig.efi.

What can i do beside renaming the file? How do i get the correct version of bootmgfw-orig.efi.

What can i do beside renaming the file? How do i get the correct version of bootmgfw-orig.efi.

A basic file management task...

The updated file will be bootmgfw.efi. After it updates, remove bootmgfw-orig.efi, and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Did i miss something? In the tutorial it says that "Boot to OS X and use Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of your Windows UEFI drive" & then we had to do the renaming task. I simply clicked on Mount EFI option in the configurator & did the renaming in the mounted efi drive. Was it correct?

Did i miss something? In the tutorial it says that "Boot to OS X and use Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of your Windows UEFI drive" & then we had to do the renaming task. I simply clicked on Mount EFI option in the configurator & did the renaming in the mounted efi drive. Was it correct?

I don't use Clover Configurator, but however you mount EFI is fine.

It is the same file bootmgfw.efi that i rename in efi/microsoft/boot directory & gets undone again. There isn't any file bootmgfw-orig.efi already present there that i should replace.

It is the same file bootmgfw.efi that i rename in efi/microsoft/boot directory & gets undone again. There isn't any file bootmgfw-orig.efi already present there that i should replace.

After you initially to the rename, and bootmgfw.efi gets created with the updated version, you'll have both bootmgfw.efi and bootmgfw-orig.efi. When you're at that point, make sure you delete bootmgfw-orig.efi and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. DO NOT simply delete bootmgfw.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back