CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 1660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hullo,

Wondering if anyone can help.

Have setup Lion and Win 7 on separate drives.

I've gone into the bios and made my Lion drive priority.

On bootup, I get the windows OS selector screen, I choose Windows 7 all ok.

If I choose the Lion install it then goes to the Chameleon boot screen, there is a brief period of disk activity then it reboots.

Can anyone help?

I hope that my Lion install isn't goosed!

Regards,

Richie

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 1660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok an update...

If I change the drive priority so my Lion install is the bootable one, I can get into Lion ok if I leave it on the boot screen.

If I press any key it shows me 3 icons, Lion, Win 7 and System Reserved.

Choosing Lion works ok.

Choosing Win 7 get error bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete.

Choosing System Reserved takes me to the windows boot manager screen and I can boot to Win 7 ok.

Is there anyway I can tidy this up at all?

Thanks in advance

Richie

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
use forum search engine: key words are hide partition and rename partition

Motherboard
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
CPU
Intel i5 2500
Graphics
Saphire HD6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had the same Problem a few days ago on my first Hackintosh Build. I had Installed windows first before starting to put OSX on my computer. Windows worked great until I got Lion installed and started getting the same message. It had something to do with the order I installed everything.

I went back Installed OSX with the HD plugged into the Sata0 port.
Unplugged the OSX drive and plugged the new Drive that will be windows 7 to Sata 0. (I had to wipe my original install of 7)
When 7 was finished and was set up I shut it down switched it over to the Sata 1 port and plugged my OSX drive into the sata 0 port.

Dual boot worked fine after that with Chimera. Just make sure the Bios is set to boot from your OSX drive.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a different problem with my dual boot setup. If I boot Windows 7 via Chameleon, sleep and hibernate don't work. Instead, it does the equivalent of the Lock command.

Fortunately, I have a boot drive menu option in the BIOS so I can directly boot Windows 7 and sleep and hibernate work correctly. But I'm really curious as to whether there's a fix for this boot via Chameleon issue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 1660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for the replies,

Have had a long think about this and have decided to leave it alone.

It works and I've learnt from the past if it works THEN DON'T MESS!!!

Richie

Motherboard
Mac OS X Lion
CPU
Ivy Bridge
Graphics
CPU graphic
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
archelon said:
I have a different problem with my dual boot setup. If I boot Windows 7 via Chameleon, sleep and hibernate don't work. Instead, it does the equivalent of the Lock command.

Fortunately, I have a boot drive menu option in the BIOS so I can directly boot Windows 7 and sleep and hibernate work correctly. But I'm really curious as to whether there's a fix for this boot via Chameleon issue.

And have you also tried Window backup? It won't back up system image with window 7 . I also press F12 and pick to the drive. Moreover , you might notice if you use Chimera and boot from system reserved drive , it takes longer than usual. Any way , I am not a frequent wnidow 7 user. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
schoolsearch09 said:
And have you also tried Window backup? It won't back up system image with window 7 . I also press F12 and pick to the drive. Moreover , you might notice if you use Chimera and boot from system reserved drive , it takes longer than usual. Any way , I am not a frequent wnidow 7 user. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've tried Windows Backup (after booting Windows 7 normally) and I find it to be painfully and pathetically slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.