Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

First i apologize for my poor english because i'm french (hope you'll understand my main problem).

I've got an alienware m11x R2 which is running on windows 7 64 bits at the time.
I would like to know if it's possible to install Lion 10.7 on it (i want a dual-boot).
I tried some guides, but it seems like i'm lost in all these informations and i don't want to do s*** on my comp'.

So, i want to know if it's possible and then if i could get some help in order to make it worth (explanations, tutorials, etc.)

Thanks by advance!

Cordialy, Luciole.

doing a google search for hackintosh alienware mx11 I found that you can, but I can not help you because I am newb to this and learning

Well, i've already googling but i can't find any good tutorial or guide...
I just want to install Mac OS from a USB stick, my hard drive is already partitionned.

Are you wanting to instal OS X onto the same hard drive Win7 in already installed on?

Yep, the M11x R2 has got only one hard drive and i heard that some people already made it.

Do you have a retail Win7 installation disc or just the recovery disc that came with your MX 11?

I installed win7 on my own because i formatted my m11x for some issues, i didnt use the recovery disc (i installed all the drivers on my own). So it's the "complete" version of windows 7, not a modfied one.

Great. Would you object greatly to re-installing Windows?

You would do better with this guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

The reason I asked if it would bother you to re-install Win7 is that OS X requires a GUID partition table (aka GPT) on the hard drive.
When you installed Win7, it formatted the hard drive with Master Boot Record (aka MBR) partition tables. To get OS X to install, you will need to reformat the hard drive, which means re-installing Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back