1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

This is my Computer now:
CPU: i5 4460
MOBO: msi h97 pc mate
1 HDD with: efi partition 250gb + Ubuntu + windows + data partition

1) I want to install yosemite (deleting ubuntu) and make a dual boot with yosemite and windows 10.
I don't want to format the entire system, so is there a method to install yosemite over ubuntu partition (or over the first two partitions I listed before) without erasing the other partitions, using multibeast and unibeast?

2)If there isn't a way to do so without formatting the disk, how can I do to make a dual boot + data?

Hi everyone,

This is my Computer now:
CPU: i5 4460
MOBO: msi h97 pc mate
1 HDD with: efi partition 250gb + Ubuntu + windows + data partition

1) I want to install yosemite (deleting ubuntu) and make a dual boot with yosemite and windows 10.
I don't want to format the entire system, so is there a method to install yosemite over ubuntu partition (or over the first two partitions I listed before) without erasing the other partitions, using multibeast and unibeast?

2)If there isn't a way to do so without formatting the disk, how can I do to make a dual boot + data?

Are you using Grub as your boot loader or Windows BCD? What Windows partitions do you have? Do you have a MSR partition?
Use diskpart from Windows command line to select your drive and list partitions then list volumes. Take a pic of the screen and post it.

If using Grub, purge Grub from your system as if you wanted to replace it.
Then boot the OS X install USB and erase the Ubuntu partition OS X Extended (Journaled) before trying to install OS X

Thanks everyone, but I decided to install os x and windows after formatting the entire disk, so I could clean my pc and do a fresh install.
I'am going to follow the main guide in this site(using multibeast and unibeast), it says that I have to choose 1 partition for my hdd, but I want to make 3 partitions(osx + windows + data) so I have to choose 3 partitions and make the first extend jou etc, the second one msdos windows and the third free space(so I make it ntfs when installing windows), is it right?
I found a similar guide on youtube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYkUkngdb4
that show you how to install osx in dual boot with windows, so I' am going to follow that, but with the exeption that I have to choose 3 partition instead of 2, right?

Thanks everyone, but I decided to install os x and windows after formatting the entire disk, so I could clean my pc and do a fresh install.
I'am going to follow the main guide in this site(using multibeast and unibeast), it says that I have to choose 1 partition for my hdd, but I want to make 3 partitions(osx + windows + data) so I have to choose 3 partitions and make the first extend jou etc, the second one msdos windows and the third free space(so I make it ntfs when installing windows), is it right?
I found a similar guide on youtube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYkUkngdb4
that show you how to install osx in dual boot with windows, so I' am going to follow that, but with the exeption that I have to choose 3 partition instead of 2, right?
This guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html will do what you want do do - follow the last part for installing on the same drive.

You can make as many partitions as you want before you start installing. I would suggest Win7 on the first partition, then OS X partition and data partition last. If the data partition is smaller than 2Tb minus a byte, then you can format it MSDOS FAT and share it between Win7 and OS X - both can read write to it. This works well as long as your largest file is smaller than 4Gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back