Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Windows 10 and Sierra on Core i5 6500 and GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi akb1, my GA-B150M-D3H bios version is "f6", and you?
I was wondering if it could be my BIOS version, sm961_nvme or i3-6100_hd530.

Mine is f21. I think you should update your BIOS and then try again. But why same mobo with same gen of CPU is showing this error. One more thing, when do you face that black screen? when you try to install OS? or after installation when the system boots?

Mine is f21. I think you should update your BIOS and then try again. But why same mobo with same gen of CPU is showing this error. One more thing, when do you face that black screen? when you try to install OS? or after installation when the system boots?

Every time I start the system I have this problem. but i run geekbench4 with any exception, and the score is normal.
i will update my BIOS....:banghead:
geekbench2.png

I just played the GIGABYTE official customer service phone, customer service staff told me that if the sixth generation of cpu, then please do not upgrade.... :crazy:

no~ i will update the BIOS.:headbang:

I just played the GIGABYTE official customer service phone, customer service staff told me that if the sixth generation of cpu, then please do not upgrade.... :crazy:

no~ i will update the BIOS.:headbang:

Yeh go ahead and update but be cautious while doing so. If any confusion I can help updating. Good luck.

@akb1

Can you confirm if sleep/wake is working or not?

@akb1

Can you tell me how?

Have you updated to 10.12.4 ?

I have been searching for sleep fix for a long time

Last edited:
@akb1

Can you tell me how?

Have you updated to 10.12.4 ?

I have been searching for sleep fix for a long time

I might have been wrong in deducing that sleep works. What I did, is that I pressed sleep button from Apple menu in top left corner and everything seemed turned off (display went off instantly) except LED fans in cabinet and when I pressed a button on my keyboard it resumed, display turned on.
But when in "power saving" (in settings) I selected 5 min to allow Mac to go to sleep, I think it shut itself down, because I had to press power button in cabinet to turn it on and onwards it behaved like it has been off for a while and it is being powering on. So I don't think sleep works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back