Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming 8GB - EVGA 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm wanting to speed up my windows drive and I was wondering if I can partition my OSX SSD install and use it to install Windows 10 on it and use it as my Windows 10 boot drive instead of my disk drive and just use the Disk Drive as a storage drive, so mostly wanting to dual boot from a single SSD. Is this possible and what kind of process is it to do that?

I'm wanting to speed up my windows drive and I was wondering if I can partition my OSX SSD install and use it to install Windows 10 on it and use it as my Windows 10 boot drive instead of my disk drive and just use the Disk Drive as a storage drive, so mostly wanting to dual boot from a single SSD. Is this possible and what kind of process is it to do that?
Is possible, but not a particularly good idea IMHO. There are several guides in the notebook forum for adding Win10 to a drive running OS X and how to boot Win10 from Clover.

Better to get a new SSD for Win10.

I am looking into this, too. I have one m.2 256 GB SSD (NVMe) that I successfully first installed Win 7 on (into a 120 GB partition), then backed that up using iBored, then erased it and installed OSX on, having created a new 120 GB partition for it.

Once I have finished ironing out all the small OSX issues, I will try to mix them both. While Win is a bit sensitive to being moved around on the disk, OSX is usually more forgiving, so that I think I can move the OSX part to the back and then place the former Win part back to the front, along with the partition table etc. The trickiest part is probably getting the part table updated correctly. I hope iBored can help with that, too.

Oh, I should probably also update to Win 10 first.

Will report once accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back