Motherboard
Intel NUC6I3SYH
CPU
i3-6100U
Graphics
HD 520 (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone any idea how to dualboot with opencore 0.5.7 for windows and macOS?

To be honest I just use the BIOS to boot into windows. If you boot thru OC Windows will be running on an emulated Mac, not very good in my opinion, better to let it run native on the hardware.

Anyone any idea how to dualboot with opencore 0.5.7 for windows and macOS?
Set up OC so the Mac drive is booting properly from OC.
Disconnect cable or remove NVMe M.2 drive. Connect drive for Win10. Install Win10 UEFI mode. Get Win10 updated and setup to your satisfaction. Shutdown.
Reconnect/re-install Mac drive
Boot to UEFI/BIOS and set the Mac drive as first in BBS boot order. Save&exit / continue boot. At the OC boot select screen you should see an option for Bootcamp Windows even though you did not install with Bootcamp. Select this option to boot Windows.

Alright going to try that.

Now i got a nasty problem.

during boot there is no boot device, every time i have to use usb to boot to macOS. Any idea what could be wrong?

Did you copy the Open Core OC folder to the EFI partition of the Mac OS drive?

Did you copy the Open Core OC folder to the EFI partition of the Mac OS drive?

Yup.

This is how the EFI looks like:
Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 12.00.38 PM.png

As above I believe the above is correct. But I don't get it, when i restart after the boot logo, my intel NUC prompts boot device not found.

Have you tried the hot key to select a boot device and selected the UEFI version of the drive with the EFI partition above on it as your boot device?

Have you tried the hot key to select a boot device and selected the UEFI version of the drive with the EFI partition above on it as your boot device?

Ok finally figured out the issue. Actually I was using the wrong set of ACPI files. I had my own APCI files for the Intel NUC6 Skylake. It is SSDT-EC.aml & SSDT-PLUG.aml.

Now I am able to boot using Opencore 0.5.8. However only thing that bugs me is that using OC, no Windows option for me to boot to my Windows 10.

Have you guys figured out how to dual boot Windows? When I try to boot Windows I get "Preparing automatic repair" and then instant blue screen. Otherwise Windows partition works from bios booting.

Thanks

Have you guys figured out how to dual boot Windows? When I try to boot Windows I get "Preparing automatic repair" and then instant blue screen. Otherwise Windows partition works from bios booting.

Thanks
This is happening to me, too, but only when using an iMacPro1,1 config. When I use my old iMac19,1 config, I can use OpenCore to boot into Windows just fine.

I'm going to go through my plists line by line, to see what the big differences are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back