CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm knee deep in the middle of my first hackintosh build and because I was feeling extra ambitious it can dual boot. After getting help from a moderator I got the mac side working and I just finished with the windows side with little trouble. All is good except for the fact that I just realized that my case can only seat 3 drive (1HHD, 2 SSD)

Is it possible to set up the third drive in a way that both OS can read and write to it?

This is an old question.

Many have tried to use a "common" file system so both side can read/write but there are always nagging issues.
I gave up and bought a NAS drive and use it to store anything that I might need for both OS'es.

But then, the only thing I use the PC side any more is Battlefield 1... not much use for common data storage anymore.
Also, I have NTFS for OS X from Paragon installed so can write to the NTFS drives easily.

So I'm knee deep in the middle of my first hackintosh build and because I was feeling extra ambitious it can dual boot. After getting help from a moderator I got the mac side working and I just finished with the windows side with little trouble. All is good except for the fact that I just realized that my case can only seat 3 drive (1HHD, 2 SSD)

Is it possible to set up the third drive in a way that both OS can read and write to it?
Buy some 'hook and loop' aka velcro fastening tape and mount your solid state drives outside your drive cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back