CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a very unique issue and i would be surprised if i can get any community members to chime in on. Im basically posting this up for others to be aware of this issue and maybe one day we can find a solution for it.
Problem: I dual boot Windows 10 and Sierra. I have them both working 100% fine and on two seperate SSDs. I also have a 34 inch Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultrawide Gsync monitor. it works fine in both sierra and windows 10 but ive noticed lately that whenever i sign into sierra then reboot or shutdown the PC then boot into windows, the gsync function on my monitor is disabled. Nothing i do gets it to come back, ive tried reinstalling the drivers and rebooting. The only way i can get it to show up as gsync enabled again is to shut off the power to the monitor by unplugging and then restoring back the power. This happens 100% time i load into mac then into PC. If i have my gsync working fine on pc and never go into my mac side, i can reboot the pc 1000 times as long as i go right into windows and not sierra, my gsync is enabled and working fine. but as soon as i load into sierra, shut down or reboot then go into pc, the gsync gets disabled again and i have to cut out the power to the monitor again to have the gsync come back alive. Anyone else having this issue and ran into something similar?

Hey, i have triple Acer Predator G-Sync monitors myself. I have just finished installing Sierra and Win 10 and when i went to configure my NVIDIA settings on Win10 i noticed the G-Sync setting was gone. When i am back home later today i will check if it gets fixed by unplugging and plugging my monitors back in.

Sorry i don't have a solution yet, just letting you know you're not alone with this issue.

I have the exact same issue guys. Sierra and Windows 10 dual booth, monitor uses DisplayPort. I will try switching DP ports since I read for a similar issue that using the actual 1st DP port on the Graphics Card might help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back