Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click on new, it automatically creates 4 volumes, just the same as it does when I try to proceed with the installer on the unallocated space.
What happens if you just select the unallocated space and click format/select NTFS and format the drive, then click Next to begin the install?

What happens if you just select the unallocated space and click format/select NTFS and format the drive, then click Next to begin the install?

It gives me the same error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

It gives me the same error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"
When you select the USB drive to boot from does it say UEFI USB or USB?

Version of Mac OS and drive format? HFS+ or APFS?

What method did you use to create a new volume and format it for the installation of Win10?

I created a new partition using disk utility and then deleted it to create unallocated space using the windows installer.

I created a new partition using disk utility and then deleted it to create unallocated space using the windows installer.
If the free space was 100GB or larger, then selecting the unallocated space and clicking on next should have started the installation. I have never had it fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back