Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Options with different GPU (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B150-HD3P
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi People!

So since Nvidia and Apple are being a pain in the a** with their Metal 2 support and Nvidia graphics cards, we need a solution.
I was thinking, but not entirely sure, if the following option would be possible;

- Boot Windows with my Pascal card (GTX 1070)
- Boot macOS Mojave from Intel integrated graphics

My monitor has multiple inputs so what would be possible is to connect 1 HDMI (from integrated graphics) to input 1 and another HDMI from my GTX 1070 to input 2 while keeping the Dedicated video card as primary for my Bios.

Does clover provide options to configure this, or is this bound to my UEFI/BIOS configuration?

Is this possible, so yeah, please tell me how.

I tried loading the Intel Graphics via multi-beast, with DVI connected to the mother board, but to no avail. I know I got it once before to out put through the integrated graphics by changing settings in the BIOS, but I'm not sure if the will wreak havoc with Windows. It might be possible in the clover settings, you can can access it at the boot screen.

Hi People!

So since Nvidia and Apple are being a pain in the a** with their Metal 2 support and Nvidia graphics cards, we need a solution.
I was thinking, but not entirely sure, if the following option would be possible;

- Boot Windows with my Pascal card (GTX 1070)
- Boot macOS Mojave from Intel integrated graphics

My monitor has multiple inputs so what would be possible is to connect 1 HDMI (from integrated graphics) to input 1 and another HDMI from my GTX 1070 to input 2 while keeping the Dedicated video card as primary for my Bios.

Does clover provide options to configure this, or is this bound to my UEFI/BIOS configuration?

Is this possible, so yeah, please tell me how.

Hello,

Did you ever figure this out? I'd like to do the same to keep my old Win10 setup as dual boot for some gaming, but creating Hackintosh for work/regular use. Would be great if it could just automatically default to Intel HD unless booting into windows.

Cheers,
tron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back