Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390
CPU
i5
Graphics
Sapphire RX580
Hi Team,

Apologies in advance if this constitutes a dumb question but I need you guidance.

Background: When I built my Hackintosh I used several parts of my old Window 10 PC which I pulled apart. I kept the old HDD which was working well that had several programs and games.

My Hackintosh is successfully running Catalina and I now want to add my old Windows HDD (which is running Windows 10 and has several programs on it) so that I can dual boot either into my Hackintosh (macOS Catalina) or my old Windows HDD. The questions I have are:
1. Is this possible?
2. If so, how do I go about making it happen?
3. What is the best way to clone my old Windows HDD to a SSD?

Move to Multi Booting.

Please check the threads at the top of this forum.

Hi Team,

Apologies in advance if this constitutes a dumb question but I need you guidance.

Background: When I built my Hackintosh I used several parts of my old Window 10 PC which I pulled apart. I kept the old HDD which was working well that had several programs and games.

My Hackintosh is successfully running Catalina and I now want to add my old Windows HDD (which is running Windows 10 and has several programs on it) so that I can dual boot either into my Hackintosh (macOS Catalina) or my old Windows HDD. The questions I have are:
1. Is this possible?
2. If so, how do I go about making it happen?
3. What is the best way to clone my old Windows HDD to a SSD?
Yes it is possible, but further info is needed:

Is the "old" Win 10 PC the same as the one in your sig? If not, your license key may be no good depending on what type key you purchased.

If you can, reassemble the Win 10 PC minimally to be able to run and clone on the old hardware. Most Samsung Pro model SSDs come with cloning software - I don't know about other brands. There are a lot of free cloning apps available, But using Win10 to create an iso image of the drive and then restore the image to the SSD is one of the easiest ways to do it. Move the SSD to the Hackintosh and see if it will boot without the watermark that says it is an unlicensed copy. You may be able to contact Microsoft support and get the license key moved to the new hardware - no guarantees there, but good luck with it.

Was Windows installed Legacy mode or UEFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back