Graphics
Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics/1600 x 900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am stuck on the stop after booting form the usb drive. My screen goes either black or gets stuck on the apple loading screen depending on what commands I put in. I tried the commands in the guide and I can't get the os to install. 256GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8.1. I would appreciate advice on how to solve this and finally get to the installer. Thanks.

I am stuck on the stop after booting form the usb drive. My screen goes either black or gets stuck on the apple loading screen depending on what commands I put in. I tried the commands in the guide and I can't get the os to install. 256GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8.1. I would appreciate advice on how to solve this and finally get to the installer. Thanks.

Not a dual boot issue.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

[SUB]Information updated. So what is the problem?[/SUB]

Boot with:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660004 GraphicsEnabler=N -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0
(also can try 01660009)

If neither of those work:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

None of these work. The first commands take me to a gray screen with a black cursor but no apple logo. The second command, with the different number, take me to a black screen.
The third and shortest commands take me to verbose mode and it just stays there.

None of these work. The first commands take me to a gray screen with a black cursor but no apple logo. The second command, with the different number, take me to a black screen.
The third and shortest commands take me to verbose mode and it just stays there.

Give it plenty of time. It is not quick to boot the installer.

If it doesn't work post a quality photo of where it stops.

Which method should I give plenty of time? and how much time? ballpark

Which method should I give plenty of time? and how much time? ballpark

If you see a mouse pointer on a black screen, give time... at least a couple of minutes.

OK thanks I got it working. The first set of commands worked. It took about 10 minutes. When it asks to partition a drive, it will erase the entire hard drive correct? So I should create a partition first in windows then boot the installer right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back