Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Probably an answer someplace. Just created the USB. The target PC is a Lenovo Q180 already running W7 and up to date. Should I make an image backup of that? Should I epartition the drive (750Gb) to allow an installation space for OSX? Or, having made an image from W7, just install from the USB, and then recreate the W7 from the image.

RePartitioned the drive and made a FAT32 partition. The boot from the USB tried but failed. Mmmm.

Not got very far with this. The boot starts and ends within a second, restarts and does the same over and over again. Two lines flash up on the screen before re-cycling. The attched shows the lines in question. Anybody got an idea what is going on please? I've tried the usb drive in the macbook air and it boots OK, so it is a puzzle.

Attachments

• boot failure.tiff
    72.6 KB · Views: 261
You will not get anywhere installing OS X until you reformat the hard drive.
What you need to do first is go thru the procedure outlined here - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html use method 3 to make the backup. This allows you to restore the Win7 install to a new partition on your reformatted HDD.
Then follow the guide here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html (scroll down to the bottom and find OS X and Lion on the same HDD - Lion and mountain Lion use same procedure) to install OS X.
Then use your regular Restore procedure for Win7 to restore the backup you made to the new partition.

Thanks v.much. I thought I'd make an image of W7 anyway. What format? E.G Mac OSX Extended (Journaled)?
Stephen

Sure, why not.

How did you get on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back