Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Mountain Lion and Yosemite two separate SSD? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Geeks

I have already got Mountain lion installed SSD and Now I have installed Yosemite on a new SSD.

How do I get dual boot ML & Yosemite on boot loader ?

I am currently unpluging and plugin SATA cable.

Please help.

In my experience, if they're on different drives, chimera will detect both and give you the choice. Whichever drive you set to boot to in your bios will be the one chimera highlights at first and automatically boots in a few seconds.

I am currently unpluging and plugin SATA cable.

Please help.

Dude! Press "F12" during boot and just select the drive you want to boot from! Chimera should pick up both drives but still...don't be unplugging cables all the time!

In my experience, if they're on different drives, chimera will detect both and give you the choice. Whichever drive you set to boot to in your bios will be the one chimera highlights at first and automatically boots in a few seconds.

Chimera didnt detect, It goes straight into Yosemite drive. I wonder do I need to install Chimera again? or any setting on Chimera?

Dude! Press "F12" during boot and just select the drive you want to boot from! Chimera should pick up both drives but still...don't be unplugging cables all the time!

Unfortunately I am using a blutooth keyboard. It wont work when bios load.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back