Ml
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Hd 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
after installing mountain lion (ml) i experience a strange problem with windows 7. win7 is installed on the same SSD. The startup of windows is extreme slow (more than 2 minutes) and windows isn't "snappy". The loading icon is displayed and everything works slower. The Computer is a i7 2600k, 16gb Ram with a 120gb SSD (60 gb for each partition) so slow startup should not occure.

I installed ML with the dual boot guide on this site (2 partitions, Guid table). As stated in the guide i first installed windows7. The startup is around 20second after installation. When running i explerience no speed problems. I installed all the latest drivers and windows updates.

After installing windows i install Mountain Lion. ML installs normal without major problems (only USB3 does not work). Now when i start windows7 the slow speed problem manifests. Doing tweaks in win7 does not help (i disable visual effects and most programs in thenstartup).

I even tried reinstalling everything.Then problem keeps occuring. Installing windows (getting at the format screen) takes ages (20 minutes). After reformatting the windows partition everthing is good again. Untill i reinstall ML then the speed is again very slow in windows.

what is going wrong? I have no idea....help?

Motherboard
Ml
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Hd 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am still stuck...speed is extreem slow. It is almost impossible to reinstall windows7. The OS X stays good....i repartitioned several times without any luck. From the OS X installer i erase original partition and make new one (2 partition, guid table). What additional steps can i take? Maybe there is a hardware failure? If so what is a good app to find out? In windows it is not possible but is there a way to test within the os x part?

Motherboard
Ml
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Hd 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I think i found it out. I did two things (not sure which one made it work again)

- I updated firmware and securely deleted the files with the OZC Linux toolbox
- In the Bios i Loaded the optimized results (and made the changes to get OS X running)

After reinstalling everything the startup of windows is 20 seconds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.