GTX 770 OC 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there, let me start off by stating I have parts coming in the mail from newegg now and I'm anxious to get it set up. The build is easy but installation is where I need help. Here's what I purchased:

i5-3570K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 770
(2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance
840 EVO 250GB x2
Kraken X60
Silencer Mk III Series 850W

I purposely got the more expensive separate drives just to have RAID. I want to have the 2 EVOs in RAID 0 and dual boot Mac and Windows on it. Do I use the MoBo BIOS to do it or do I need to purchase a dedicated controller? Is there a guide on how this is done? I've seen mentions of ACHI but have no idea what that means. Help! Dx

Hey there, let me start off by stating I have parts coming in the mail from newegg now and I'm anxious to get it set up. The build is easy but installation is where I need help. Here's what I purchased:

i5-3570K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 770
840 EVO 250GB x2
Kraken X60

I purposely got the more expensive separate drives just to have RAID. I want to have the 2 EVOs in RAID 0 and dual boot Mac and Windows on it. Do I use the MoBo BIOS to do it or do I need to purchase a dedicated controller? Is there a guide on how this is done? I've seen mentions of ACHI but have no idea what that means. Help! Dx

You would need to find a dedicated RAID0 controller that has drivers for both OS X and Windows (and that you can boot from). You can't use Intel 7-series "motherboard" RAID as there are no OS X drivers for it.

i5-3570K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 770
840 EVO 250GB x2
Kraken X60

I didn't try it by myself, but I think it can be helpful - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-0-os-x-10-8-5-using-tonymacx86-tool-set.html

i5-3570K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 770
840 EVO 250GB x2
Kraken X60

There is no real benefit to be had from SSD's in RAID0 for boot drives. Better to just install each OS on its own SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back