Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX B365-F GAMING
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor
Graphics
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 580 8G
hi everyone,

so i am about to build my first pc ever (parts are on da way...YEAHHHH!!!!) i'm a bit nervous (naturally hehehe) but very exited about it
I am a musician and pro audio user so naturally i've been using mac for the last 15 years but my 9 years old mac mini just doesn't cut it anymore and can't really afford me a new mac so i decided to go for a hackintosh and since i'm like to play games from time to time i need a dual boot machine.

this is my system:

intel i5 9400f
Cooler Master i71C RGB
Asus Rog Strix b365f
16 Gb Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR4
2 Kingston 480GB A400 Sata3 (1 for Windows and 1 for OSX)
Sapphire pulse RX 580 8Gb
SEASONIC CORE GX-650 GOLD - FULL MODULAR

so the thing is once i finish building the PC i need to test that everything is working correctly (no factory faulty parts, etc...) so i'm thinking to install window first (since is the native OS for the system) to check everything and update drivers and so on and then installing osx (does this makes sense???) and this bring me to my actual question:

besides setting up the BIOS for OS X before installing W10, and make OS X drive first in the drive boot order after installation is there anything else i need to do for it to work???

i have been reading the forums up and down and i could not find any updated info about it, the only one is from 2011 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...first-windows-7-or-mac-os-x.25458/post-161083
so not sure if things are still the same!!!

and last question, does this make sense

thx

hi everyone,

so i am about to build my first pc ever (parts are on da way...YEAHHHH!!!!) i'm a bit nervous (naturally hehehe) but very exited about it
I am a musician and pro audio user so naturally i've been using mac for the last 15 years but my 9 years old mac mini just doesn't cut it anymore and can't really afford me a new mac so i decided to go for a hackintosh and since i'm like to play games from time to time i need a dual boot machine.

this is my system:

intel i5 9400f
Cooler Master i71C RGB
Asus Rog Strix b365f
16 Gb Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR4
2 Kingston 480GB A400 Sata3 (1 for Windows and 1 for OSX)
Sapphire pulse RX 580 8Gb
SEASONIC CORE GX-650 GOLD - FULL MODULAR

so the thing is once i finish building the PC i need to test that everything is working correctly (no factory faulty parts, etc...) so i'm thinking to install window first (since is the native OS for the system) to check everything and update drivers and so on and then installing osx (does this makes sense???) and this bring me to my actual question:

besides setting up the BIOS for OS X before installing W10, and make OS X drive first in the drive boot order after installation is there anything else i need to do for it to work???

i have been reading the forums up and down and i could not find any updated info about it, the only one is from 2011 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...first-windows-7-or-mac-os-x.25458/post-161083
so not sure if things are still the same!!!

and last question, does this make sense

thx

Installing Windows first to check whether everything is working fine? Yes, I agree you should do that.

After installing Windows to make sure everything is working fine, before you attempt to install MacOS, make sure to temporarily disable or disconnect the Windows SSD to prevent the MacOS installation program from doing anything to your Windows drive. Since you are going to use SATA SSDs, this can be done by temporarily disabling the corresponding SATA port in the BIOS before starting the MacOS installation.

Hi JB007, thx for the quick answer :thumbup:

james i have another question...
i'm unsure which osx version to install, are they all equally stable/problem free on a hackintosh?
my choice in between HS, M or C!!!
thx

James i have another question...
I'm unsure which osx version to install, are they all equally stable/problem free on a hackintosh?
My choice in between HS, M or C!!!
thx

All three should be compatible with your system. It is your choice really.

Personally I would opt for Mojave at this time as Catalina 10.15.4 seems to have a major problem :

exatly, i read that as well...
i was thinking the same about going with mojave.
thx james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back