3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
after solving this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-boots-only-windows-or-osx-on-dual-boot-machine.275452/

I'm now trying to remove superfluous clover boot entries, but can't figure out how to do it, since I can't identify which drive entry actually is my Windows 10 drive because they have the same name in Clover boot.
I successfully hid many volumes by using "Hide Volumes": Recovery, Preboot in Clover configurator and have set the scan for:

Entries ✔️
Tool ✔️
Custom ✔️

and deactivated Legacy, Kernel and Linux, but I still get three "Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI" in Clover.
I know the first one is the correct one.
During troubleshooting of my original issue, I also followed this advice and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.
Does that have something to do with it and how can I safely remove those entries without messing up my newly working dual boot machine?

See my attached preboot.log for details.
Thank you.

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    8 KB · Views: 126
I'm now trying to remove superfluous clover boot entries, but can't figure out how to do it, since I can't identify which drive entry actually is my Windows 10 drive because they have the same name in Clover boot.
I know the first one is the correct one.

Try selecting the other Windows entries on the Clover menu and hit the space bar to see the device/path info. Check for the associated drives by Sata 0x0/Sata 0x1/Sata 0x2/Sata 0x3 in the device string. You could either delete the unused Windows boot files or just hide them in Clover config when you boot to macOS.

You could either delete the unused Windows boot files or just hide them in Clover config when you boot to macOS.

Thanks. I managed to hide all those boot entries. Do you know whether I would break something if I would delete those entries for good?

Thanks. I managed to hide all those boot entries. Do you know whether I would break something if I would delete those entries for good?

If they don't work then probably safe to delete the associated files but can't say for sure until you try. Make sure you know what you're deleting. Pay carful attention to the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back