Graphics
MSI 970 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if it has been answered before (couldn't find anything on here about it)

I currently have a desktop computer with Windows 7 installed on a SSD, 1TB Storage drive and a 3TB backup drive. I have always been interested in building a hackintosh but don't have the money to build a whole new computer. I have a spare 80GB hard drive (not massive but have got an external drive) and was wondering if I could install Mac OS X on that and dual boot it with Windows 7 without reinstalling Windows. Computer specs:

Intel Core i5-2500k @ stock speed
MSI Z68S-G43 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
Radeon 6790 graphics card

yes of course you can, just use a bootloader :)

Never really messed around with bootloaders. How would I go about doing this?

just install mac os X first then run multibeast, there you will see an option for a bootloader. Install one then you're good to go, well, it works for me. :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if it has been answered before (couldn't find anything on here about it)

I currently have a desktop computer with Windows 7 installed on a SSD, 1TB Storage drive and a 3TB backup drive. I have always been interested in building a hackintosh but don't have the money to build a whole new computer. I have a spare 80GB hard drive (not massive but have got an external drive) and was wondering if I could install Mac OS X on that and dual boot it with Windows 7 without reinstalling Windows. Computer specs:

Intel Core i5-2500k @ stock speed
MSI Z68S-G43 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
Radeon 6790 graphics card

If you are using windows 7 o8 with Mac OS X, then you should find this helpful in your dual boot quest :thumbup:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

This comment may also help: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-boo...-dual-boot-machine-ml-win-7-a.html#post651831

Adrian B

Thanks, those guides were really helpful. Made me less worried now that I might screw it up, so will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back