Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Mac OS High Sierra on already Installed Windows 10 (UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO, Model- INVALID (U3E1)
CPU
Intel Core i3 3120M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a lenovo laptop LENOVO G500s to be precise with Intel Core i3 3120M CPU and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated) & NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M (discrete) Graphic Card.

My laptop already have genuine Windows 10 installed in UEFI and i want to dual boot Mac OS High Sierra on same Hard Drive without losing my windows & data. Can you tell me the steps?

Can I perform the install without downloading the windows 10 iso? I already have Mac OS High Sierra dmg file.

And last ques- Will Mac OS High Sierra run fine on this config?
RAM is 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3L will upgrade it to 8GB soon.

I have a lenovo laptop LENOVO G500s to be precise with Intel Core i3 3120M CPU and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated) & NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M (discrete) Graphic Card.

My laptop already have genuine Windows 10 installed in UEFI and i want to dual boot Mac OS High Sierra on same Hard Drive without losing my windows & data. Can you tell me the steps?

Can I perform the install without downloading the windows 10 iso? I already have Mac OS High Sierra dmg file.

And last ques- Will Mac OS High Sierra run fine on this config?
RAM is 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3L will upgrade it to 8GB soon.
Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you get stuck and need some help then upload your "Problem Reporting" files.

List of files required can be found from the FAQ link above

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you get stuck and need some help then upload your "Problem Reporting" files.

List of files required can be found from the FAQ link above

Thanks ... installed successfully..

But a problem persists everytime i boot i have to change the settings in clover options to match my cpu and gpu other wise mac 10.12 won't run.. & can you provide me with a kext for my wifi adaptor Atheros AR985WB-EG, I didn't found any! and my laptop screen brightness is also at maximum(trying some patches but none worked so far)!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks ... installed successfully..

But a problem persists everytime i boot i have to change the settings in clover options to match my cpu and gpu other wise mac 10.12 won't run.. &

Change the settings permanently in your config.plist.

can you provide me with a kext for my wifi adaptor Atheros AR985WB-EG, I didn't found any! and my laptop screen brightness is also at maximum(trying some patches but none worked so far)!

Google and you'll find kexts/solutions for that WiFi.
But it is not recommended.
Best to replace it with compatible WiFi as per FAQ.

Change the settings permanently in your config.plist.

Google and you'll find kexts/solutions for that WiFi.
But it is not recommended.
Best to replace it with compatible WiFi as per FAQ.

how to change setting permanently in config.plist?

Brightness not working, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi not working... nothing seems to be working!!!
Plz help me out! First time on hackintosh mac os 10.12.....
also provide me with Nvidia 720M Drivers wanna use final cut pro with it!

also plz assist me how to use solution having .sh or .txt files.... only know how to use .kext using kext editor!
New to all this. Thanks in advance

how to change setting permanently in config.plist?

Brightness not working, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi not working... nothing seems to be working!!!
Plz help me out! First time on hackintosh mac os 10.12.....
also provide me with Nvidia 720M Drivers wanna use final cut pro with it!
nvidia optimus is not support, only your intel graphics will work, unless there is an option in BIOS to disable intel

mount efi partition, locate config.plist, use plist editor to edit config.plist, save changes and you are good to go

nvidia optimus is not support, only your intel graphics will work, unless there is an option in BIOS to disable intel

mount efi partition, locate config.plist, use plist editor to edit config.plist, save changes and you are good to go

i have access to config.plist in efi.. just tell me what to do and kindly provide me with the download links for the nvidia gefore ft 720M drivers can't find any!..... and plz atleast get my wifi working... its annoying to roll back to windows 10 to visit forum and research!

i have access to config.plist in efi.. just tell me what to do and kindly provide me with the download links for the nvidia gefore ft 720M drivers can't find any!..... and plz atleast get my wifi working... its annoying to roll back to windows 10 to visit forum and research!
already told you that nvidia won't work

efi mounter software can mount your efi partition so you can edit your config.plist

Dude,first of all do READ carefully what other forumers are trying to say, secondly read the FAQ I bet there will give you more clear about hackintosh,remember not everyone here is PRO in hacking their machine, its all about trial and error and also good comprehension when people reply your questions.anyway make sure you have make enough research before starting a hack.
-peace out-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back