Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone
(Sorry for my english)
I have two hard disk and i want made a dual boot.
First i have installed Windows xp on first hard disk,after i removed the sata cable and i have installed Lion on second hard disk.
I have put the sata cable of XP and i put on the bios Lion for first boot.
I turn on my pc and i look the chimera boot with two logo Lion-xp but if press Lion the sistem work without problem but if press Xp the pc rebooting.
Can you help me???

Just a guess but try changing the boot order in the BIOS at startup. So if you want to boot into XP then change the BIOS boot order to find the XP hard drive first before the OSX hard drive. Same process as changing the boot order to boot first from CD when needed.

e.g. For my Gigabyte board your press F12 key to bring up the boot order screen.\

Found this useful link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... d5#p217470

First, you need to enable AHCI in the WinXP. It is not enabled by default and your XP drive will not boot unless you either change the SATA ports in BIOS back to IDE or enable AHCI. See http://expertester.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... indows-xp/ for a how-to-do-it guide.

I've got this scheme working on my system.
Windows XP will not boot unless it resides on the initial boot drive. The way to do this is to divide up the XP drive into 2 partitions. 1 tiny Mac OS Extended (Journaled) to hold Chimera, the other NTFS to hold XP. You can accomplish this by partitioning and reloading XP or with a utility that repartitions on the fly without reloading XP. Once this is done make your OSX drive the boot drive in your Bios, boot into lion make the tiny partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled), install Chimera with the tiny partition on the XP drive as the target. then make your XP drive the boot drive in your Bios. When this is done you should see 3 options at the boot screen after you press a key.
Lion, XP, or Chimera. Pick XP or Lion. Disregard Chimera!

A reminder, you need to enable AHCI in the WinXP.....

Good Luck

Update

Disregard:
When this is done you should see 3 options at the boot screen after you press a key.
Lion, XP, or Chimera. Pick XP or Lion. Disregard Chimera!

You should see 2 options XP or Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back