None yet
CPU
None yet
Graphics
None yet!
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I almost pulled the trigger on a 6700K build, but when I was about to buy I found out Kaby Lake support is imminent, so below is my updated first hackintosh build. 3 questions:

1. Is anything missing or wrong?
2. Can you recommend a good Gsync monitor for video editing and gaming?
3. How much does RAM speed affect performance? Should I be looking for faster RAM and if so, what?

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270 LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard
Core i7-7700K
Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler, NF-A15 x 2 PWM Fans
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FOUNDERS EDITION GAMING
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB) RAM
2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair RMx Series, RM750x, 750W, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB - Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid-Tower Case Cases CC-9011098-WW
Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC BT 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card

Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I would say this.
1. Nothing is wrong or missing.
2. Video editing and gaming would be improved with G-Sync, but it is your choice to go with it, not mine.
3. Not sure...

Motherboard
None yet
CPU
None yet
Graphics
None yet!
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, I'm doing this!

So, did you get this together yet? Success? I'm looking to put together a very similar build. Pretty torn on whether to go with an older but more powerful CPU, though.

Motherboard
None yet
CPU
None yet
Graphics
None yet!
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I haven't just yet, I am waiting until 10.12.6 is out and officially confirms Kaby Lake support. What do you mean by more powerful CPU? What options are there over the 7700K?

I haven't just yet, I am waiting until 10.12.6 is out and officially confirms Kaby Lake support. What do you mean by more powerful CPU? What options are there over the 7700K?
For example, the 6800k or 6900k. But they're both hideously expensive, so I'm pretty well set on the 7700k at this point. It's such a shame supporting AMD is such a PITA, their options for extra power between $350 and $1000 are better with that 1800x sitting in there.

Last edited:
Motherboard
None yet
CPU
None yet
Graphics
None yet!
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
AH gotcha. Yeah, it'd be nice to go AMD, more monitor choices with freesync too for better prices. But I'm fairly certain the build I've put together will be more than adequate for the editing and gaming I intend to do.

I would say this.
1. Nothing is wrong or missing.
2. Video editing and gaming would be improved with G-Sync, but it is your choice to go with it, not mine.
3. Not sure...
Hello guys, I also have the G-Sync monitor which improves the gaming and with the help of G-Sync gaming is much more impressive, good and provide unique gaming experience.