Hi, I'm new in this forum and wanted to ask you some questions, almost two years later, because i want to do the same with my Hackintosh running High Sierra. I just want to clarify some things before buying the second graphic card.Ok tested and it is working like a charm
Windows can use both GPU's, you can chose which app uses which GPU (Adrenalin + Nvidia drivers need to be installed together). It is working even on a single monitor, you need to change the source from the monitor OSD/menu.
MacOS only uses the AMD but can see the GTX.
The only down side I can see is that Sleep takes ages to shut down the computer, wake does not work anymore (black screen or reboot).
Does someone knows a clover patch to disable the GTX from MacOS ?
- Do I only have to install AMD card in the second pci-e slot and MacOs will automatically use the card not considering Nvidia ?
- Do I have to make some changes to the Bios settings ?
- Does the card which is not used waste energy ?
- I have a 750w PSU, is it enough ?
- Does all this work with Catalina ?
Thank you very much !!I installed the AMD in the 1st slot and Nvidia in the 2nd slot. Never tried the opposite so I cannot tell. Remember that your slot will become a PCIe 8x for both cards so check if 8x will not bottleneck the 1080Ti compared to 16x.
Same as your idle consumption, maybe a little more. AFAIR, it was around 20-30W for a GTX 1060.
Should be just enough.