Contribute
Register

Dual Boot advice for X99 Deluxe II 6950x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached my EFI folder, pics of my bios settings and also pics of my clover configuration.

1) My EFI folder is pretty much exactly the same as KGP on the link bellow

https://github.com/KGP/X99-EFI-Folder-Distributions/blob/master/EFI-X99-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-141018.zip

2) I have also followed his guide to make a USB truncated 15 port .kext, that is in my EFI folder as well as some sddts that were also provided in KGPs post

You are welcome to use mine but please note that on my Asus x99 deluxe ii I only have the USB3_12 port and the USB1112 connector actually connected to the mother board. USB3_34 is not plugged in. The USB 3.1 ports are not going through the USB bus but are shared with the PCIe bus. Also on my motherboard HS10 is shared with the bluetooth module

3) I’ve added a bluetooth injector .ktext that I found from another user who distributed his x99 deluxe ii files on GitHub

https://github.com/Toooorch/X99-Deluxe-II

4) In KGPs Imac Pro to x99 guide Section C-7.) To avoid CPU thread TSC desynchronisation errors during boot

I have made my own TSCAdjustRest.kext file for a Broadwell 6950x with an IOCPU Number of 19 (20 threads -1)
In you case with a 5930 this number should be 11 (12 threads - 1), so you can use mine and modify accordingly.

5) in the ACPI section of clover all the DSDT patches are unticked (enabled). In your case you don’t have a 10 core CPU so there might be some changes there.

6) In Kernel and Patches for you Haswell-E/EP standard FakeCPUID: not required, natively supported, leave it blank

UPDATE: Worth mentioning that in my EFI/Kext folder you will find Unsolid.kext which forces High Sierra to use HFS+ format install and updates instead of Apples AFSP, however this must be removed once the install is completed in order for your SSDs to show up as Medium Type = Solid State and show Trim Support = Yes in the System report under System Information in OSX as well as About This Mac / Storage. If you don't remove this .kext, OSX seems to see the drive as regular SATA drives and not SSD. This doesn't affect write and read speed of the SSDs though but this may impact the Trim functions of the Kernel patch enabled in Clover.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 316
  • Clover config screenshots.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 284
  • Bios setting.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 287
Last edited:
I have attached my EFI folder, pics of my bios settings and also pics of my clover configuration.

https://github.com/KGP/X99-EFI-Folder-Distributions/blob/master/EFI-X99-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-141018.zip

2) I have also followed his guide to make a USB truncated 15 port .kext, that is in my EFI folder as well as some sddts that were also provided in KGPs post

You are welcome to use mine but please note that on my Asus x99 deluxe ii I only have the USB3_12 port and the USB1112 connector actually connected to the mother board. USB3_34 is not plugged in. The USB 3.1 ports are not going through the USB bus but are shared with the PCIe bus. Also on my motherboard HS10 is shared with the bluetooth module

3) I’ve added a bluetooth injector .ktext that I found from another user who distributed his x99 deluxe ii files on GitHub

4) In KGPs Imac Pro to x99 guide Section C-7.) To avoid CPU thread TSC desynchronisation errors during boot

I have made my own TSCAdjustRest.kext file for a Broadwell 6950x with an IOCPU Number of 19 (20 threads -1)
In you case with a 5930 this number should be 11 (12 threads - 1), so you can use mine and modify accordingly.

5) in the ACPI section of clover all the DSDT patches are unticked (enabled). In your case you don’t have a 10 core CPU so there might be some changes there.

6) In Kernel and Patches for you Haswell-E/EP standard FakeCPUID: not required, natively supported, leave it blank
Thank you very much! i will try to test my system with this files!

UPDATE: Worth mentioning that in my EFI/Kext folder you will find Unsolid.kext which forces High Sierra to use HFS+ format install and updates instead of Apples AFSP, however this must be removed once the install is completed in order for your SSDs to show up as Medium Type = Solid State and show Trim Support = Yes in the System report under System Information in OSX as well as About This Mac / Storage. If you don't remove this .kext, OSX seems to see the drive as regular SATA drives and not SSD. This doesn't affect write and read speed of the SSDs though but this may impact the Trim functions of the Kernel patch enabled in Clover.
Thank you very much!!!
i have working system now! But with reboot after 2-3 hours of use... i will find the solution.

One more question. I read your post in other thread about "cleaning my nvram and caches"
How did you do this?
I tried to flash my bios to mod version, but after this have a trouble to enter to bios setup. But the system start without problem.
On original bios i do not have this problem. But there are no MSR unlock and native NVRAM.
So, do i need to clean NVRAM or it's happen automatically after flashing BIOS?

How do you think what way to have native NVRAM is better:

# AMI APTIO V NvramSmiDxe (Socket 2011-v3 MB: C612, X99) NVRAM whitelist unlock
54B070F3-9EB8-47CC-ADAF-39029C853CBB 10 P:0F84B300000041F6:90E9B300000041F6

or

delet NvramSmiDxe GUID 54B070F3-9EB8-47CC-ADAF-39029C853CBB
replaced with NvramSmi GUID 842A454A-75E5-408B-8B1C-36420E4E3F21

Thank you for the time!!!

Thank you very much!!!
i have working system now! But with reboot after 2-3 hours of use... i will find the solution.

One more question. I read your post in other thread about "cleaning my nvram and caches"
How did you do this?
I tried to flash my bios to mod version, but after this have a trouble to enter to bios setup. But the system start without problem.
On original bios i do not have this problem. But there are no MSR unlock and native NVRAM.
So, do i need to clean NVRAM or it's happen automatically after flashing BIOS?

How do you think what way to have native NVRAM is better:

# AMI APTIO V NvramSmiDxe (Socket 2011-v3 MB: C612, X99) NVRAM whitelist unlock
54B070F3-9EB8-47CC-ADAF-39029C853CBB 10 P:0F84B300000041F6:90E9B300000041F6

or

delet NvramSmiDxe GUID 54B070F3-9EB8-47CC-ADAF-39029C853CBB
replaced with NvramSmi GUID 842A454A-75E5-408B-8B1C-36420E4E3F21

Thank you for the time!!!
Glad you got your rig working now. You got me confused with someone else I think, I have not posted anything about cleaning your NVRAM.
I personally have not had to to clean my NVRAM after flashing my bios.

As for your question, I'm not sure I know the answer.. again this is my first hackintosh and I still have a lot more to learn beyond my one successful build!

I thought I would give some updates in case someone is trying to follow the same guide with this build.
Asus x99 deluxe ii Bios 2101 patched just fine with micronodes and unlocked following he guide mentioned in the OP.

With the GTX 1070 it also works fine with the web drivers. However do not forget to to enable "NivideaWeb" in the system parameters in clover.. could not find that bit mentioned in the guide mentioned. my gpu did not work til that happened

I got everything working, motherboard onboard wifi, bluetooth, USBs, thunderbolt... Find benchmark bellow.

View attachment 421553
Hey would you mind posting the ASUS X99 Deluxe ii Bios 2101.cap file for all of your x99 deluxe II friends.

Hey fellow Mac X99 Deluxe users.

I'm interested in doing a dual boot Windows 10 & Mac.
After some reading I've noticed the motherboard BIOS needs editing/patching to support Macs.

Will these changes to my BIOS affect my Windows 10 installation if I wanted dual boot??
Is there any downsides/disadvantages regarding my Windows 10 after changing BIOS settings to support Macs??

Cheerz.

Hi BeatPC.

Sorry, just to confirm, that file you have linked, is that your ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS 2101 already modded with CPU Microcodes unlocked ?? All I do is flash & my board & I'm ready?

I've seen mixed answers & some people say that with ASUS BIOS 2101 the microcodes are already unlocked but others still patch & flash with 2101 so I'm not sure.

I have BIOS 2101 & done exactly as the guide shows but even after mmtool does it's thing in UBU, it still shows a few red "No's".
Also does it matter if my CPU is different to yours when flashing my BIOS with your file ??

Now the asking nicely part...When you have some spare time sir BeatPC, may I please please have permission to download your modded BIOS ?? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ash.

Last edited:
Hi BeatPC.

Sorry, just to confirm, that file you have linked, is that your ASUS X99 Deluxe II BIOS 2101 already modded with CPU Microcodes unlocked ?? All I do is flash & my board & I'm ready?

I've seen mixed answers & some people say that with ASUS BIOS 2101 the microcodes are already unlocked but others still patch & flash with 2101 so I'm not sure.

I have BIOS 2101 & done exactly as the guide shows but even after mmtool does it's thing in UBU, it still shows a few red "No's".
Also does it matter if my CPU is different to yours when flashing my BIOS with your file ??

Now the asking nicely part...When you have some spare time sir BeatPC, may I please please have permission to download your modded BIOS ?? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks you,
Ash.
So no 2101 is not unlocked for 0xe2 bit 15 still shows as 1. However mine is still built off of the 1901 bios and updated past the 2101 for microcode and drivers for the board. I will also be posting a fully unlocked bios for this board later this week. You just flash that by flashback. (See the note in my post on Win-raid if you have issues).
So check this one with ubu and you can see the update. I'll also include a setup tool folder for you. As for the CPU. Doesn't matter I try to make all modes universal to the board.

BeatPC thanks for your quick reply. I have successfully used ASUS Flashback before so all good in that department but thank you for your notes anyways, I'm glad my port is the right one the manual shows. Thank you so much for your BIOS file!

I will also be posting a fully unlocked bios for this board later this week.

Is that BIOS I received from you different to this "fully unlocked" BIOS that your posting to this board later this week?? Or are you referring to the same one??

Thanks for your answer to my relevant CPU question.

I know you're going out of your way to help others, thanks so much.

Cheerz,
Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back