Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision D
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710
HELP - Dual Graphics Cards -9600GT- 10.8.2

edit - I followed the aquamac method and the other variations of it on the web with no success (mind you that guide was started in 2008 - I have no idea if it still applies)

I got the efi string for both cards via osx86tools; booting one card at a time in its appropriate slot (tried setting PEG12 (PEG2) in bios (as I read in aquamac's site)
I combined the strings in plistedit pro - see attached plist combined - Is that right?
I used gfxutil to create the hex file
I copied and pasted this into com.apple.boot.plist with '<key>device-properties</key>...... <string>'hex info'</string>
used Mbeast to repair permissions and cache
KP on reboot

Should I just take the hex output from osxtools and combine them - then insert to com.apple.boot.plist?

I did see a comment about NVkush - NVenable.... extensions having to be removed - I used Unibeast and Multibeast for install and never installed any drivers for the vid - it just worked - how can I tell if these extensions are there (I checked extensions folder) and causing issue?

would greatly appreciate some guidance please....

original post:'Hey guys I got a second 9600GT to add to my system (yeah I know they're old but they work ootb for SL and ML (at least one will) -
I installed it and booted - first boot it worked but the screens were reversed - so I (stupidly - while still on) switched the DVI cables - then one of the monitors would come back - so I rebooted - now I get KP every boot if both are in - if I pull the newly added one - works fine.
I have not installed any Nvidia drivers or CUDA. Single card works ootb.
Should I install Tmac's Nvidia driver update? if so what version?

(Ga-z68ma-d2h-b3, 3.3 Sandy bridge, 8gb ram, Geforce 9600gt, tri-boot (Win7, SL & ML))
UEFI
thanks for your help

Dual VIDEO CARDS 9600GT- 10.8.2 - HELP

ok so I have gotten it to boot with both video cards (only twice) - though I didnt change/edit anything - HOWEVER - KP after reboot everytime. Seems like if its off for several hours it will boot (once) with both video cards installed.

Note: when it did boot - I had all resolutions and rotation etc.. - it recognized both cards in system profiler (named correctly (Geforce 9600GT)
Note: it will boot everytime with only one card (either one)

From what I understand (2012 March) a cheimera 2.0 update supported dual cards
Any one have insight - would really really appreciate it

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back