Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Second time building a hackintosh but still am a noob at this so please please bear with me.

First, my configuration:
CPU: Intel 4820K (VT-d and UEFI boot both disabled for now)
SSD: Samsung 840 evo
Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UP4 rev 1.1 (Bios f5)
Vid Card: Radeon 270 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...IjQ08rilb0CFe87MgodWVYAmQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details)

So I know this is stuck at something to do with Graphics. When I first tried it, it was stuck at logo, verbose mode was stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. I can get past this with:
GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v PCIRootUid=0 npci=0x3000

I am not sure what each of these do, but I have to have PCIRootUID at 0, GraphicsEnabler=No, but npci can be both 0x2000 and 0x3000 to get past PCI Configuration Begin.

However, now with every setting I try, I am stuck at "DSMOS has arrived." This still seems like a driver issue. What was odd was that if I left the PC for over 30 mins (maybe an hour, can't remember), I was able to get to a grey screen with my mouse. But it would be stuck there indefinitely. And, moving the mouse there was extremely laggy (framebuffer issue?).

I tried removing all System/Library/Extensions/AMD* from by USB and then reboot with the addition of the -f parameter, but still no luck. It's still stuck at DSMOS has arrived.

What can I do to fix this issue? Any help appreciated.

Also, just out of curiosity, what do the PCIRootUid and npci parameters do? Some folks have reported an Asus radeon 270 working OOB, so not sure why mine doesn't work. It seems there are drivers on this site which I can download for the 270, but I have to do that through MultiBeast which I cannot do until I have the OS installed in the first place.

Okay so after waiting at the grey screen with the mouse cursor, it took me back to verbose which was stuck at the following:
Kext loading now disabled
Kext unloading now disabled
Kext autounloading now disabled
Kernel request not disabled

Clues?

Update again. So, I am starting to wonder if its not a GPU related issue anymore. Maybe its the CPU I have 4820K.

I get this before the DSMOS arrived:
SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
SMC::smcGetLightshowVers ERROR: smcReadKey LsNM failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
SMC::smcPublishLightshowVersion ERROR: smcGetLightshowVers failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: smcPublishLightshowVersion failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived

Update: I reset my BIOS settings, copied the AMD kexts back and did it again.. It took forever, but the installation finally started... However, it was stuck at he Language Screen.

Somewhere else I found I can pass cpus=1 to resolve the Language screen freeze and it.

I now have a successful installation with the following flags:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 -x -v cpus=1

However, not same issue happens during first boot. I'll continue research and keep updating in case someone else needs the info.

Just to Update you guys, I was able to get it to work properly with two monitors :).

I had to put in cpus=1 or the os runs extremely slow (and clock runs at 1 second per 10 seconds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back