Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed mojave on my laptop, I patched the DSDT for fix hardware, and they seem to work fine. But sometimes ago, the battery status will not be updated, and it will not be displayed in the taskbar, sometimes the shutdown will restart, sometimes it will take a few minutes to start. When I patch DSDT again, everything is fine, sometimes ago, the problem reappears...
Note: During this period, I did not update the OS, did not update the BIOS, did not change the BISO option.

Attachments

• debug_17885.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 101
I installed mojave on my laptop, I patched the DSDT for fix hardware, and they seem to work fine. But sometimes ago, the battery status will not be updated, and it will not be displayed in the taskbar, sometimes the shutdown will restart, sometimes it will take a few minutes to start. When I patch DSDT again, everything is fine, sometimes ago, the problem reappears...
Note: During this period, I did not update the OS, did not update the BIOS, did not change the BISO option.

Your patchmatic output shows a problem with the ACPI setup.
There is a duplicate somewhere...
Note output of: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml:
Code:
Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [_PR.CPU0._DSM], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Your patchmatic output shows a problem with the ACPI setup.
There is a duplicate somewhere...
Note output of: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml:
Code:
Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [_PR.CPU0._DSM], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
Thanks for your response。
I reassembled the ACPI file, I did not see the error message you pointed out in the output.
You mean that my BIOS settings are incorrect, or config.list configuration is incorrect?

Attachments

• iasl-output.txt
    78.1 KB · Views: 71
  • refs.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 85
Thanks for your response。
I reassembled the ACPI file, I did not see the error message you pointed out in the output.
You mean that my BIOS settings are incorrect, or config.list configuration is incorrect?

Run "iasl -da -dl *.aml" on your patchmatic -extract output and you will see the error/problem.
It is due to incorrect ACPI setup in ACPI/patched.

Run "iasl -da -dl *.aml" on your patchmatic -extract output and you will see the error/problem.
It is due to incorrect ACPI setup in ACPI/patched.
I remove SSDT-XCPM.aml from ACPI/patched and reboot mojave, "iasl -da -dl *.aml" can be run success on patchmatic -extract output.

I remove SSDT-XCPM.aml from ACPI/patched and reboot mojave, "iasl -da -dl *.aml" can be run success on patchmatic -extract output.

Any change requires updated problem reporting files and an update on the problem you're trying to solve.

Any change requires updated problem reporting files and an update on the problem you're trying to solve.
The attachment is a new debug report.
To know if the problem has been fixed, it needs to be observed for a few days.

Attachments

• debug_27853.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
The attachment is a new debug report.
To know if the problem has been fixed, it needs to be observed for a few days.

Your patchmatic -extract output now disassembles cleanly.
Note that if your SystemMemory regions are changing randomly, you will need to do ACPI hotpatch instead of static patch.

Your patchmatic -extract output now disassembles cleanly.
Note that if your SystemMemory regions are changing randomly, you will need to do ACPI hotpatch instead of static patch.
Thank you!

When I updated Lilu/WhateverGreen to the latest version, the battery status problem did not reappear.
About replace the DSDT patch with ACPI hotpatch, but I don't know what ACPI hotpatch is for each DSDT patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back