Contribute
Register

DSDT/SSDT Patching Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah backlight control and battery status havent been implemented... coz im having trouble understanding the guide.. maybe because im still on my exam block. but after exams ill be looking to it more thoroughly.. USB seems to work fine.. I have the USBkext for Y50 from your other guide- it is installed on my EFI/Clover/kext folder. not sure if thats helping.. but USB is working great

Yeah backlight control and battery status havent been implemented... coz im having trouble understanding the guide.. maybe because im still on my exam block. but after exams ill be looking to it more thoroughly.. USB seems to work fine.. I have the USBkext for Y50 from your other guide- it is installed on my EFI/Clover/kext folder. not sure if thats helping.. but USB is working great

As to whether a USB port injector from one laptop works on another... depends on whether the USB topology is similar enough between the two.

Correct way (for 10.11.. you're posing in the 10.10 forum, but I suspect you've installed 10.11):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I still have Yosemite 10.10.5. Because the program im using for uni is only compatible with Yosemite at this stage..

The goal for this laptop is to get:
- Sound (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt)
- Fan Control - (maybe via a software, Maybe DSDT like what HP laptops do)
- Backlight Control
- Battery Status
- Maybe Upgrade to El Capitan when the program has been updated for El Capitan

I still have Yosemite 10.10.5. Because the program im using for uni is only compatible with Yosemite at this stage..

Then I have no idea what Y50 USB kext you're referring to.

The goal for this laptop is to get:
- Sound (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt)
- Fan Control - (maybe via a software, Maybe DSDT like what HP laptops do)
- Backlight Control
- Battery Status
- Maybe Upgrade to El Capitan when the program has been updated for El Capitan

Topics are covered in the FAQ.

Hey man.. Brightness control is working... with keyboard keys and on settings app...
So i guess backlight control is working fine..

Also I patched the Battery DSDT aswell.. find the patch on below. feel free to add it to the repo.

Now.. for the sound.. On the settings.. the selection is swapped around.. what i mean by that is:
Line out is the built in speaker and Internal Speaker is the Headphone Jack. it should be the other way around. you know how to fix this?

Please check my IOREG and my DSDT AND SSDT. Thanks Heaps

View attachment bat-patch-msigs60.txt
View attachment Rommel’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
View attachment DSDT:SSDT.zip

BTW my laptop model number is MSi GS60 2QE

Last edited:
Hey man.. Brightness control is working... with keyboard keys and on settings app...
So i guess backlight control is working fine..

Not correct. Full range will not be available. You need IntelBacklight.kext or ACPIBacklight.kext.

It is clearly covered in the backlight guide.

Also I patched the Battery DSDT aswell.. find the patch on below. feel free to add it to the repo.

Post native DSDT and patch to battery patch thread.

Now.. for the sound.. On the settings.. the selection is swapped around.. what i mean by that is:
Line out is the built in speaker and Internal Speaker is the Headphone Jack. it should be the other way around. you know how to fix this?

Problem is in your patched AppleHDA files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back