Contribute
Register

DSDT/SSDT-patching AMD RX 580 proper working advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys ! Upgrading video card (Radeon RX 580) and MACOS to High Sierra 10.13.6 (fresh install). HS install from USB stick using HDMI port on Intel graphics (HD4000) and Clover "injectIntel". If I boot this way, all fine ! System reports HD4000 and RX 580 correctly.
But...if I try to load MAC using RX 580 HDMI or DVI port (no DP monitor), it ends on black screen after Clover 4920 start. I can only boot MAC using HD4000 HDMI port !
Using this rig for encoding 4k video.
Any help ?

Last edited:
Vídeo rendering and coding rig.

Similar to you GA-Z390 ULTRA and Gigabyte RX 580 GAMING 8GB, hdmi output works fine, the DVI-D dont work, it detect, and sends stranges signals (noise, and for seconds images with pink tone) I thought that the connectors arent well config. any help, Iam very basic, besides this is my 4th hackintosh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 17.28.32.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 17.28.32.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 17.28.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 17.28.50.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 236
I don't think it matters which way you enable CPU PM. Using the PluginType method requires less files and edits in config file.

If you're using WhatEverGreen then the kext injects all the appropriate properties for you. You do not have to manually select any option in your config file. You should only inject Intel if you are also using onboard graphics. Properties like ATI, RadeonDeinit, platform-id, and Framebuffer do not have to be manually selected if you are using WhatEverGreen.

I have never tried using dual monitors with the RX 480. I do have a SSDT for graphics which I mainly use to rename graphics to GFX1 to eliminate black screen issue since I'm using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS. I am currently not using WhatEverGreen.
Apologies for late query! :)

I've got a i9 9900k (UHD630) + Gigabyte Z390 Xtreme + Radeon VII 16GB + Nvidia GT 710 with SMBIOS MacPro6,1.

I'm trying to get both my Radeon VI & Nvdia to both drive monitors on Catalina 10.15.5 with WhateverGreen & Lilu in clover, but as soon as Catalina loads, my Radeon goes into black screen while my Nvidia drives a monitor.

From googling, I've come to the conclusion that this is because of MacPro6,1 SMBIOS in regards to how it handles more than 1 installed GPU via AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext - it will disable any GPU that is not ACPI patched to GFX1...

Can you please share you ssdt that you made ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Apologies for late query! :)

I've got a i9 9900k (UHD630) + Gigabyte Z390 Xtreme + Radeon VII 16GB + Nvidia GT 710 with SMBIOS MacPro6,1.

I'm trying to get both my Radeon VI & Nvdia to both drive monitors on Catalina 10.15.5 with WhateverGreen & Lilu in clover, but as soon as Catalina loads, my Radeon goes into black screen while my Nvidia drives a monitor.

From googling, I've come to the conclusion that this is because of MacPro6,1 SMBIOS in regards to how it handles more than 1 installed GPU via AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext - it will disable any GPU that is not ACPI patched to GFX1...

Can you please share you ssdt that you made ?

Thanks.

I have long since switched to a Vega 64 card. I no longer have any files that was used with the RX 480. Whatevergreen should be taking care of renames of graphics devices automatically.

I have long since switched to a Vega 64 card. I no longer have any files that was used with the RX 480. Whatevergreen should be taking care of renames of graphics devices automatically.
Ah! Too bad you don't have the files anymore...:think:

I'm still searching for a SSDT solution that will allow my system to have both the Radeon VII & Nvidia GT 710 renamed to GFX1 without using WhateverGreen, since, if I use ir, it will always start naming every GPU it finds like GFX0, GFX1, GX2...!

On my motherboard the ACPI path, with WhateverGreen, for my Radeon VII is _SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP1.GFX0 and for my Nvidia GT 710 is _SB_.PCI0.RP23.GFX0.

So, I've adapted the attached files for my system and device IDs for each GPU, but the system doesn't even reach login prompt.

If there is here a kind soul that can look at my EFI (without these SSDTs, but with WEG) I would certainly appreciate :)

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 86
  • SSDT-Z390-NvidiaGT710.aml
    568 bytes · Views: 62
  • EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back