Contribute
Register

DSDT/SSDT Compilation Errors for Lenovo Z710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo MB P Z710 W8S DIS HM86 GT 2G (FRU# 5B20G18943)
CPU
Intel i7-4710MQ 2.5GHz 6M C0 4cPGA CPU
Graphics
Intel HD4600 + Nvidia GT 840M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I've recently managed to successfully install Yosemite on my Lenovo Z710 with Intel HD4600 QE/CI working, and I'm now working on patching my DSDT/SSDT to get working brightness, power management (disable NVidia chip), audio, and battery readings.

Before applying any patches, however, I'm getting some strange errors attempting to compile my SSDTs that I assume to be some sort of syntax errors that have me stumped.

For my DSDT.dsl, I get the following errors:
Code:
67, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
70, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

These errors seemed to be suppressed by commenting out the lines in question.

For my SSDT4.dsl and SSDT7.dsl, however, I get different errors that seem to require a bit more than commenting out a few lines.

SSDT4.dsl:

Code:
53, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
177, 4090, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

The first error is also fixable by commenting out line 53, but the Scope error I am getting, I have no idea how to fix. There are also these errors for SSDT4.dsl:

Code:
3072, 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
3072, 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
3078, 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
3078, 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
3135, 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
3135, 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

SSDT7.dsl provides the same first two errors of SSDT4.dsl (two Scope errors), and has this additional Arg0 error, which seems to be fixed by commenting out the line:

Code:
1030, 4096, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

Any ideas for fixing the \_SB.PCI0 [Untyped] errors? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hello! I've recently managed to successfully install Yosemite on my Lenovo Z710 with Intel HD4600 QE/CI working, and I'm now working on patching my DSDT/SSDT to get working brightness, power management (disable NVidia chip), audio, and battery readings.

Before applying any patches, however, I'm getting some strange errors attempting to compile my SSDTs that I assume to be some sort of syntax errors that have me stumped.

For my DSDT.dsl, I get the following errors:
Code:
67, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
70, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

These errors seemed to be suppressed by commenting out the lines in question.

Not unusual. You implemented the correct fix.

For my SSDT4.dsl and SSDT7.dsl, however, I get different errors that seem to require a bit more than commenting out a few lines.

SSDT4.dsl:

Code:
53, 4057, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
177, 4090, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

This is covered in the guide. The External declarations that come from refs.txt need to be moved to after the other External declarations.

SSDT7.dsl provides the same first two errors of SSDT4.dsl (two Scope errors), and has this additional Arg0 error, which seems to be fixed by commenting out the line:

Code:
1030, 4096, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

Same fix required as for SSDT4.dsl.

Hi all,

currently i'm trying to fix my DSDT & SSDT to move forward with optimizing my system - but I have some errors i'm not able to fix without your support.

What i did until now:

1. extracted the aml-files with the Clover F4-Option.
2. disassebled the files with "iasl -da -dl *.aml"
3. checked the files by compiling with MaciASL (lastest Version by RehabMan)
4. faced many errors - so i moved the DSL's to my Trashbin and created the refs.txt mentioned in some Posts
5. disassebled the files with "iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml"
6. checked the files by compiling with MaciASL (lastest Version by RehabMan) -> looking much better only a few errors
7. filtering out the CPU-related files and sepparate them
8. deep dive into the relevant files (DSDT.dsl, SSDT-0.dsl, SSDT-6.dsl)
9. facing some errors (ignoring the warnings) which i fixed by commenting out the lines (as recommended in some posts)

Now i have only one file SSDT-6.dsl with errors i cant handle.
I already moved the External declarations which come from refs.txt after the others - but it have no effect to the errors i got.
I got the following Errors in this file:

- Line 180, Code 4090, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0[Untyped])
- Line 3075, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3075, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
- Line 3081, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3081, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
- Line 3138, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3138, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

How i can fix this few errors? Please advice what i should do next?

(I attached a ZIP file with all the needed files i used (SSDT[native & modified], DSDT[native & modified], refs.txt, iasl.log[saved while disassembling])

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• ZIP Package.zip
    204.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi all,

currently i'm trying to fix my DSDT & SSDT to move forward with optimizing my system - but I have some errors i'm not able to fix without your support.

What i did until now:

1. extracted the aml-files with the Clover F4-Option.
2. disassebled the files with "iasl -da -dl *.aml"
3. checked the files by compiling with MaciASL (lastest Version by RehabMan)
4. faced many errors - so i moved the DSL's to my Trashbin and created the refs.txt mentioned in some Posts
5. disassebled the files with "iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml"
6. checked the files by compiling with MaciASL (lastest Version by RehabMan) -> looking much better only a few errors
7. filtering out the CPU-related files and sepparate them
8. deep dive into the relevant files (DSDT.dsl, SSDT-0.dsl, SSDT-6.dsl)
9. facing some errors (ignoring the warnings) which i fixed by commenting out the lines (as recommended in some posts)

Now i have only one file SSDT-6.dsl with errors i cant handle.
I already moved the External declarations which come from refs.txt after the others - but it have no effect to the errors i got.
I got the following Errors in this file:

- Line 180, Code 4090, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0[Untyped])
- Line 3075, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3075, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
- Line 3081, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3081, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
- Line 3138, Code 4011, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
- Line 3138, Code 4045, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

How i can fix this few errors? Please advice what i should do next?

(I attached a ZIP file with all the needed files i used (SSDT[native & modified], DSDT[native & modified], refs.txt, iasl.log[saved while disassembling])

Thanks in advance...

When using refs.txt, you need to move the Externals generated from it to after the other Externals.

It is in the guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi RehabMan,

I alredy moved the externals as mentioned in my post...
But it has no effects to the results... I have no clue why???

thanks

For SSDT-6.dsl it is caused by your incorrect edit. The code you commented at line 46 is not correct... bad edit.

For SSDT-6.dsl it is caused by your incorrect edit. The code you commented at line 46 is not correct... bad edit.

Hi RehabMan,

i hoped that's not an editing mistake by me, but... Yes i see...
It is caused by the "wrong" order while sorting out the issues. Next time i will move the Externals in the first step...

Thank you very much for your help and the invested time!

Hi RehabMan,

i hoped that's not an editing mistake by me, but... Yes i see...
It is caused by the "wrong" order while sorting out the issues. Next time i will move the Externals in the first step...

Thank you very much for your help and the invested time!

The External declarations that originate from refs.txt should only be moved if necessary. Some files will need it... some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back