Contribute
Register

DSDT showing up 3 batteries even having just one (status not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B250M-D3H
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there!

This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

I have been hackintoshing for many years (since Snow Leopard, I guess) so I am used to everything. I don't know exactly why I never had posted anything before, maybe because I didn't have the available time to post, maybe I never wanted to bother anyone, or maybe I was having the needed help on already available posts (tonymacx86 is the greatest source), but this time the game has changed, because I'm facing an issue which is driving me crazy. :banghead:

I have a great working desktop hackintosh (i7-7700K - 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ - GTX 760 4GB) on which I never had huge issues, but as my "A1369" MacBook Air was so old (i5-2557M - 4GB LPDDR3 - HD3000), and had its screen cracked (a new screen would cost me ~USD $600, impracticable), I've decide to buy some used and cheap laptop to use for mobility, so I bought the notebook "Vaio VJC141F11X". Although it is branded as Vaio, here in Brazil it is manufactured by a company called Positivo, which unfortunately is known for its bad quality hardware (Have I told that it was cheap?).:mrgreen:

Its hardware is the following:

i7-6500U - 8GB LPDDR3 1600MHZ - Intel HD 520 - SSD 256GB. Not so bad for USD $300, Mmm? :thumbup:

What is working:

SATA - OK - (enabled with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext)
Graphics - OK - Intel HD Graphics 520 (enabled with Lilu and Whatever Green);
HDMI Video - OK - OOB (with Lilu and Whatever Green);
HDMI Audio - OK - OOB (with Lilu and Whatever Green);
Audio - OK - Realtek ALC269 (enabled with AppleALC.kext and boot flag "alcid=8");
WiFi and BT - OK - original NGFF network board replaced with BCM94352Z (Dell DW1560) which I had around;
Ethernet - OK - Realtek 8411B (enabled with RealtekRTL8111.kext);
Keyboard and touchpad - OK - (touchpad multi-touch enabled with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, but it sucks);
Camera - OK - Universal Video Camera (which works OOB);
Sleep/Wake - OK - Instant-wake issue solved with some DSDT edits;
SD Card Reader - NOT WORKING - I don't need it working for now;
Battery status - NOT WORKING - Problem described below:

I've made like a dozen laptop hackintoshes in the past (for friends/at work) and I never had a problem with enabling the battery status, until now. On this system, the battery is always shown as "0% unplugged" or "0% plugged but not charging".
I first installed "ACPIBatteryManager.kext" which always solved this kind of issue for me (on others laptops) but without any success, I went to DSDT editing for a solution, and here came my surprise: There were 3 batteries reported there (BAT0, BAT1 and BAT2). :beachball:

On my DSDT:
Code:
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT0, 0x81)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT1, 0x81)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT2, 0x81)
Searching a lot, I found a very great thread on which RehabMan's was helping an user with his Lenovo T450 (which has two physical batteries) to make its battery status work. This is the link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-t450-dual-battery-status-help.190668/
I've read almost all the thread and I realised that it was very well explained, but the problems are:

1-My system has just one physical battery pack (photo attached);
2-DSDT was showing up 3 batteries and the solution on the thread was for 2 batteries.

So the questions are:
Is it a bug in the DSDT extraction/decompiling?
Is this a hardware issue (I mean, do the pack has 3 charge controllers or something like that)?
What is the best approach to solve this issue?

One more thing: I don't know how to properly set "sorted order" on Clover, and I also don't know which SSDTs are the correct ones to be installed on "patched" folder, so I just kept the numbered ones (SSDT-#*.aml).

I have attached:
IOREG (from IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2);
EFI folder (I have deleted the themes folder inside of "clover", and a firmware file inside "Apple");
A list of kexts which I installed to S/L/E (I have the [bad?] habit of installing all my kexts on both S/L/E and CLOVER/kexts/Other);
A photo of the physical battery pack and its controller board;
A photo of the whole physical system internally.

I would really appreciate any form of help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 128
  • Jhonathan’s HackBook Pro.ioreg
    13.1 MB · Views: 89
  • Kexts which I put on S:L:E.txt
    389 bytes · Views: 96
  • Physical_battery_pack.jpg
    Physical_battery_pack.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 96
  • Whole_system_internally.jpg
    Whole_system_internally.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 103
Hello there!

This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

I have been hackintoshing for many years (since Snow Leopard, I guess) so I am used to everything. I don't know exactly why I never had posted anything before, maybe because I didn't have the available time to post, maybe I never wanted to bother anyone, or maybe I was having the needed help on already available posts (tonymacx86 is the greatest source), but this time the game has changed, because I'm facing an issue which is driving me crazy. :banghead:

I have a great working desktop hackintosh (i7-7700K - 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ - GTX 760 4GB) on which I never had huge issues, but as my "A1369" MacBook Air was so old (i5-2557M - 4GB LPDDR3 - HD3000), and had its screen cracked (a new screen would cost me ~USD $600, impracticable), I've decide to buy some used and cheap laptop to use for mobility, so I bought the notebook "Vaio VJC141F11X". Although it is branded as Vaio, here in Brazil it is manufactured by a company called Positivo, which unfortunately is known for its bad quality hardware (Have I told that it was cheap?).:mrgreen:

Its hardware is the following:

i7-6500U - 8GB LPDDR3 1600MHZ - Intel HD 520 - SSD 256GB. Not so bad for USD $300, Mmm? :thumbup:

What is working:

SATA - OK - (enabled with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext)
Graphics - OK - Intel HD Graphics 520 (enabled with Lilu and Whatever Green);
HDMI Video - OK - OOB (with Lilu and Whatever Green);
HDMI Audio - OK - OOB (with Lilu and Whatever Green);
Audio - OK - Realtek ALC269 (enabled with AppleALC.kext and boot flag "alcid=8");
WiFi and BT - OK - original NGFF network board replaced with BCM94352Z (Dell DW1560) which I had around;
Ethernet - OK - Realtek 8411B (enabled with RealtekRTL8111.kext);
Keyboard and touchpad - OK - (touchpad multi-touch enabled with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, but it sucks);
Camera - OK - Universal Video Camera (which works OOB);
Sleep/Wake - OK - Instant-wake issue solved with some DSDT edits;
SD Card Reader - NOT WORKING - I don't need it working for now;
Battery status - NOT WORKING - Problem described below:

I've made like a dozen laptop hackintoshes in the past (for friends/at work) and I never had a problem with enabling the battery status, until now. On this system, the battery is always shown as "0% unplugged" or "0% plugged but not charging".
I first installed "ACPIBatteryManager.kext" which always solved this kind of issue for me (on others laptops) but without any success, I went to DSDT editing for a solution, and here came my surprise: There were 3 batteries reported there (BAT0, BAT1 and BAT2). :beachball:

On my DSDT:
Code:
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT0, 0x81)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT1, 0x81)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BAT2, 0x81)
Searching a lot, I found a very great thread on which RehabMan's was helping an user with his Lenovo T450 (which has two physical batteries) to make its battery status work. This is the link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-t450-dual-battery-status-help.190668/
I've read almost all the thread and I realised that it was very well explained, but the problems are:

1-My system has just one physical battery pack (photo attached);
2-DSDT was showing up 3 batteries and the solution on the thread was for 2 batteries.

So the questions are:
Is it a bug in the DSDT extraction/decompiling?
Is this a hardware issue (I mean, do the pack has 3 charge controllers or something like that)?
What is the best approach to solve this issue?

One more thing: I don't know how to properly set "sorted order" on Clover, and I also don't know which SSDTs are the correct ones to be installed on "patched" folder, so I just kept the numbered ones (SSDT-#*.aml).

I have attached:
IOREG (from IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2);
EFI folder (I have deleted the themes folder inside of "clover", and a firmware file inside "Apple");
A list of kexts which I installed to S/L/E (I have the [bad?] habit of installing all my kexts on both S/L/E and CLOVER/kexts/Other);
A photo of the physical battery pack and its controller board;
A photo of the whole physical system internally.

I would really appreciate any form of help.
OEMs use 'templates' for their ACPI files, that leads to plenty of garbage in your DSDT. Some content also varies by different laptop variants of the same model.
Many devices you see there don't actually exist. BAT0, BAT1 and BAT2 under _SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC. See their _STA method, all return Zero.
Your battery device seems to be just _SB.BAT0, that's the one you should patch according to this guide:

SortedOrder isn't really necessary, just don't use it. If you don't have discrete graphics, there's no need to patch your SSDTs at all. Otherwise patch only ones you actually need to edit, with AutoMerge=true to replace the OEM ones.

OEMs use 'templates' for their ACPI files, that leads to plenty of garbage in your DSDT. Some content also varies by different laptop variants of the same model.
Many devices you see there don't actually exist. BAT0, BAT1 and BAT2 under _SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC. See their _STA method, all return Zero.
Your battery device seems to be just _SB.BAT0, that's the one you should patch according to this guide:

Thanks a lot for the explanation and the link! I've managed to get it to work with its instructions.
Attached is the patch which I built. I'm also going to post this to the guide's thread.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• battery_Positivo-VAIO-C14.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 130
Hi Jhonathaned1!
I have the same situation. The battery is one and there are three sections in the DSDT. Could you help me with this? How did you solve the problem?
Here is my patched DSDT but the battery status is not working.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    711.7 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back