Contribute
Register

DSDT PATCH FOR TRACKPAD IN DELL G3 3590.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL G3 3590
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1660 Ti / UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys I have a Dell G3 3590, and I have almost everything working except for the trackpad, I already tried VoodooI2C guide pinning and other stuff to patch my DSDT but I have no success on that /: , also I don't even know what's the manufacturer for this trackpad I tried to look up at Dell Support page and Documentation but it doesn't says what's the manufacturer so I don't know if it's a problem of the Kexts or the DSDT file itself.

However I know VoodooIC2 it's working I see it in IORegistryExplorer
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.08.20 PM.png

As you can see the number is 0x33 so the corresponding pinning should be 0x1B, I also applied this to the DSDT file
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.10.25 PM.png

And my _CRS method looks like this
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.10.37 PM.png

These are the kexts that I'm using, maybe the one from Synaptics is unnecessary but as I said I don't even know what's the manufacturer /: so in Windows shows as a simple HID device.
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.11.51 PM.png

Someone who can help me? I'm a bit desperate /: I already tried everything but nothing works. I'll also leave a copy of my EFI Clover folder here.

Heres a zip that I generated with the reporting problem app.

Thanks for reading me guys, hope I can get some help there's nothing of info out there about his laptop /:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 167
  • 27063.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
One thing to consider is to avoid the new APFS and maintain pre HSierra HFS+.
Some people have mentioned that there are tracking related issues when using new filesystem (weird I know)
I have your exact system, I'm sticking to High Sierra for the NVIDIA reason, are you getting good graphical performance on Mojave?
D

One thing to consider is to avoid the new APFS and maintain pre HSierra HFS+.
Some people have mentioned that there are tracking related issues when using new filesystem (weird I know)
I have your exact system, I'm sticking to High Sierra for the NVIDIA reason, are you getting good graphical performance on Mojave?
D
Oh really? Wow yeah that's very weird hahaha is the Nvidia 1660Ti compatible with High Sierra? Isn't supposed it from Turing generation which isn't supported (? Or do you have any other graphics?

I have very good graphic performance with the Intel UHD 630 in Mojave!

Oh really? Wow yeah that's very weird hahaha is the Nvidia 1660Ti compatible with High Sierra? Isn't supposed it from Turing generation which isn't supported (? Or do you have any other graphics?

I have very good graphic performance with the Intel UHD 630 in Mojave!
I have not been able to get nvidia working just intel, even in HSierra... (probably for the reason you mentioned)
I'm just afraid with Mojave or Catalina and Intel UHD I will not be able to run SketchUp 3d, Cura, blender and other 3d programs. Have you been successful with your setup?
D

I have not been able to get nvidia working just intel, even in HSierra... (probably for the reason you mentioned)
I'm just afraid with Mojave or Catalina and Intel UHD I will not be able to run SketchUp 3d, Cura, blender and other 3d programs. Have you been successful with your setup?
D
I've been trying to switch to Mojave, but have failed to initiate the installer. Could you share your Clover setup with me?
Thanks,
Derick

I've been trying to switch to Mojave, but have failed to initiate the installer. Could you share your Clover setup with me?
Thanks,
Derick

Sorry man, I didn't see this before yeah sure, I'm using the integrated graphics. NVIDIA graphics are not supported not even in HS.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 186
Hello guys I have a Dell G3 3590, and I have almost everything working except for the trackpad, I already tried VoodooI2C guide pinning and other stuff to patch my DSDT but I have no success on that /: , also I don't even know what's the manufacturer for this trackpad I tried to look up at Dell Support page and Documentation but it doesn't says what's the manufacturer so I don't know if it's a problem of the Kexts or the DSDT file itself.

However I know VoodooIC2 it's working I see it in IORegistryExplorer View attachment 445155
As you can see the number is 0x33 so the corresponding pinning should be 0x1B, I also applied this to the DSDT fileView attachment 445156
And my _CRS method looks like this
View attachment 445157

These are the kexts that I'm using, maybe the one from Synaptics is unnecessary but as I said I don't even know what's the manufacturer /: so in Windows shows as a simple HID device.
View attachment 445158

Someone who can help me? I'm a bit desperate /: I already tried everything but nothing works. I'll also leave a copy of my EFI Clover folder here.

Heres a zip that I generated with the reporting problem app.

Thanks for reading me guys, hope I can get some help there's nothing of info out there about his laptop /:

Hello friend, I have the same model as you and I was also unable to activate (Actually I already gave up on activation). I made the patch following the same tutorial that you followed, I even found the same values as you, but the trackpad gestures do not work. I spoke with other people who also own the Dell 3590 and they were also unable to activate the gestures.

Hello friend, I have the same model as you and I was also unable to activate (Actually I already gave up on activation). I made the patch following the same tutorial that you followed, I even found the same values as you, but the trackpad gestures do not work. I spoke with other people who also own the Dell 3590 and they were also unable to activate the gestures.
:( yeah I gave up too, and VoodooI2C don't respond in their Gitter chat, so I guess that's it. At least it has basic functionality. Anyway thanks man for the EFI Folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back