Dsdt override for eGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry for my bad english.
i had some trouble when fixing error in dsdt file. Here:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20160108-32
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt_1944.dsl 4534: Notify (\_SB.PCI0, 0x00) // Bus Check
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NOTIFY, expecting ',' or ')'

ASL Input: dsdt_1944.dsl - 30052 lines, 1066680 bytes, 12513 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations.
i realy need your help! This is my dsdt file. Thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hello all,

my specs are as follows (incase its important):
  • dell inspron n5050
  • cpu: intel core i3 2330m
  • RAM: 6gb DDR3
  • eGPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

I am having a little trouble with my DSDT override I get these 9 errors when I attempt to compile the DSDT.dsl:

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 7878: PLD_Revision = 0x0,
Error 6105 - Invalid object type for reserved name ^ (_PLD: found Buffer, Package required)

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 7930: PLD_Revision = 0x0,
Error 6105 - Invalid object type for reserved name ^ (_PLD: found Buffer, Package required)

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 7969: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8058: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8095: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8139: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8178: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8217: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

dsdt_EGPU.dsl 8256: PLD_Revision = 0x0,

ASL Input: dsdt_EGPU.dsl - 10662 lines, 343274 bytes, 4121 keywords

Compilation complete. 9 Errors, 8 Warnings, 45 Remarks, 217 Optimizations

I attempted to fix these errors and I came up with this one error which I cannot find a solution for (there is a high chance that instead of fixing the other 9 errors I made them worse):

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20160212-32
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt_EGPU.dsl 7878: PLD_Revision = 0x0,
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PLD_REVISION

ASL Input: dsdt_EGPU.dsl - 10661 lines, 343276 bytes, 4121 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Attached you will find the two versions of the files

any help would be much
appreciated

thanks,
Astryx
View attachment DSDT.dsl files.rar

How would I go about applying the fix, the one I would like to try is: "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error"
do I type it in the DSDT.dsl file or the cmd interface? Please help could not find the answer on your other post.

Thanks,
Astryx

You use MaciASL. Read the guide.

You use MaciASL. Read the guide.

from what I can see from searching around for a bit MaciASL is a MAC only program, can I just clarify that I am using windows 10 with no intention of changing OS I just need the .aml to get my eGPU to run in a 36bit space, and in order to do that from my understanding I need to fix the above errors and the soultion which I have found is the "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" fix, what I am trying to ask is will the MaciASL program work in windows for what I am trying to use it for or in there a solution specific to windows for the solution

Thanks astryx

from what I can see from searching around for a bit MaciASL is a MAC only program, can I just clarify that I am using windows 10 with no intention of changing OS I just need the .aml to get my eGPU to run in a 36bit space, and in order to do that from my understanding I need to fix the above errors and the soultion which I have found is the "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" fix, what I am trying to ask is will the MaciASL program work in windows for what I am trying to use it for or in there a solution specific to windows for the solution

Thanks astryx

MaciASL is Mac only.

You could fix it manually (if you understand a bit about the patch syntax/semantics).

Or you could try DSDT Editor (there is a Windows version).

Hi sorry for reviving an old thread.

I was hoping to be able to find someone who could fix some errors for me.

I've tried a DSDT Editor for windows, which didn't work. And I've been looking through several pages and forums.
I found out that there is a good software for Mac users, which could fix errors easily, unfortunately I don't own one nor a hackintosh.

I only have 4 errors, parser-detected syntax errors, no warnings or remarks or optimizations, just errors.
I would greatly appreciate some help.

Juunasv

Hi sorry for reviving an old thread.

I was hoping to be able to find someone who could fix some errors for me.

I've tried a DSDT Editor for windows, which didn't work. And I've been looking through several pages and forums.
I found out that there is a good software for Mac users, which could fix errors easily, unfortunately I don't own one nor a hackintosh.

I only have 4 errors, parser-detected syntax errors, no warnings or remarks or optimizations, just errors.
I would greatly appreciate some help.

Juunasv

You will probably have no errors if you use a recent iasl.

If not, the errors are pretty easy to correct, or you can use the -f flag.

Hi RehabMan and thanks for answering

Apparently not easy enough :) I wish I was more tech savvy.
My DSDT file is attached. I hope you won't be bothered to look at it?
I don't mind making the fixes by my self. All I need is a push to the right direction.

Attachments

• dsdt.rar
    28.8 KB · Views: 312
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back