Contribute
Register

DSDT on Gigabyte 170, Z270, Z370, and Z390

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @plexi,

I attached the GA Z270X Ultra Gaming Mobo (BIOS Version F9d) DSDT and SSDT aml files which are obained from Clover(F4). Also I attached OC 0.6.0 config.plist that i am using currently

Please take a look at them and if anyway to improve the performance, it will be greatly appreciated. Also if you like me to upload IOReg, please let me know.

Thank you.

DaJirish

Attachments

• Org_ACPI_GAZ270.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 107
  • config.plist.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hello @plexi,

I attached the GA Z270X Ultra Gaming Mobo (BIOS Version F9d) DSDT and SSDT aml files which are obained from Clover(F4). Also I attached OC 0.6.0 config.plist that i am using currently

Please take a look at them and if anyway to improve the performance, it will be greatly appreciated. Also if you like me to upload IOReg, please let me know.

Thank you.

DaJirish
IOReg will be helpful so I know what addresses the USB 3.1's and any NVMe's are on, so I can add them into the edited DSDT.
You'll need to add USBInjectAll.kext.
Attached is a folder with revised config.plist, Edited DSDT (No NVMe or USB3.1 in PCI as yet), USBInjectAll.kext.

Attachments

• DaJirish.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi plexi,

Thank you for the response. Should I remove all the SSDTs, then add edited DSDT inACPI and the USBInjectall kext in kext folder. I will run the snapshot and save the config.

Here is the IOReg file.

Thanks

Dajirish

Attachments

• Zen’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi plexi,

Thank you for the response. Should i remove all the SSDTs, then add edited DSDT inACPI and the USBInjectall kext in kext folder. I will run the snapshot and save the config.

Here is the IOReg file.

Thanks

Dajirish
Yes correct.
The DSDT should be the only thing in ACPI.
Add the USBInjectAll.kext to the kext folder.
I've already fixed the config (in last attached folder) so just use that.

This attached DSDT has USB 3.1 and NVMe added, so use just this in ACPI.

Attachments

• Dajirish DSDT.aml.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 109
Thank you for your assistance.

Dajirish
You should now have a bunch of devices showing up in System Report / PCI.

Use USBInjectAll.kext for now, until you map your USB using Hackintool.
Once you've mapped it, use the resulting USBPorts.kext instead of USBInjectAll.kext, then uncheck, Kernel / XhciPortLimit in config.plist.
(Attached is your config.plist already set up for USBPorts.kext, once you've mapped it out)

Also, you can use Hackintool to export PCI devices as a plist and upload it here.
I can then add just your graphics card to config.plist, Device Properties, which will help it load quicker.

Attachments

• USB Mapped config.plist.zip
    4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Here is the file you requested.

You must have read my mind bc I was thinking that I need to learn what Hackintool is about.

I appreciate your patience and help. Thank you.

Dajirish

Attachments

• pcidevices.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I've added your graphics card into config.plist / Device Properties, attached.
One version (Not Mapped) is for use with USBInjectAll.kext.
The other version (Mapped) is for use with USBPorts.kext.

There are a few guides up here showing how to map your USB using Hackintool.

Attachments

• Dajirish Not Mapped config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Dajirish Mapped config.plist.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 101
Yes, I followed a guide and mapped them.

One question: I tried to dump DSDT using Opencore 0.6.0 Debug version, but it did not work. I followed this guide. I am sure I am missing some steps. Any suggestion?

To dump DSDT, I created a Catalina bootable USB driver with clover, however, I am switching to OC, thus I would like to be able to do it using OC.

Thank you.

Dajirish

Yes, I followed a guide and mapped them.

One question: I tried to dump DSDT using Opencore 0.6.0 Debug version, but it did not work. I followed this guide. I am sure I am missing some steps. Any suggestion?

To dump DSDT, I created a Catalina bootable USB driver with clover, however, I am switching to OC, thus I would like to be able to do it using OC.

Thank you.

Dajirish
OpenCore is still in the very early stages right now.

I have an EFI with a handful of SSDT's just for doing this in OpenCore.
Just enough to get it to boot.

I then just open IASL which is set to open the system DSDT by default.
It will open whatever DSDT you're running on, so if the EFI does not have an edited DSDT in ACPI, it will open the system DSDT.
This will be vanilla on a Z270.
I just save that as a dsl then I edit it.

On Z370's and Z390's the RTC Fix patch is needed to boot without an edited DSDT but that doesn't matter because I swap out RTC when I edit the DSDT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back