Contribute
Register

DSDT on Gigabyte 170, Z270, Z370, and Z390

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be how to setup ACPI in OpenCore 0.5.9, using my one of my DSDT's on a Z370.
See attached

Attachments

• Add.png
    Add.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Delete.png
    Delete.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Patch.png
    Patch.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 129
So lockdown has given me a lot of extra time in the evenings, as I'm not going down the pub right now.

I have made DSDT scripts for H270, Z270, and Z370 Gigabyte mobo's. (Z390 work in progress).

Although I will not be sharing the actual scripts themselves, if anyone wants to try out a full patch DSDT for those boards, just send me your vanilla DSDT (F4 Clover, etc), along with what the mobo is and what bios version.
(Just post them up here by reply).

I may also need an IOReg screenshot or file to find out the addresses of extra devices such as USB 3.1 or Atheros Killer Lan, etc, if you want them showing up in PCI.

Full Patch DSDT works in Clover and OpenCore and fixes way more than just using a bunch of SSDT files.
Boot times are also better.

Fixes include:
Darwin
RTC
DMAC
FWHD
HPET
ALS0
EC
USBX
Return Zero
Plugin Type
SATA
SLPB
MCHC
XHCI
Ethernet
SBUS
BUS1
PNLF
WAK
Mutex
PRW
HDMI
IGPU
PTS
PMC
IMEI
HDEF
Rename Devices
Fix Warnings
Would you like to try with a GA-Z170X-Gaming G1? I'm curios with the method your using (your script) and will like to try. I always use hot patches and a couple of SSDT's. I'll like to do it my self and then compare it with yours to see the differences and improvements. I never tried before because some people believe that after mayor changes in hardware or UEFI/BIOS settings is then necessary to extract again and create a new one. Let me know if you want to try with this board.. My board is a little different because it use to be Gigabyte's flagship motherboard during the days of Z170X.

Sure man. Just upload your vanilla.
An IOReg would also be good. Also the mobo name and bios version so others with the same board can grab it.
I only put in stuff that's built into the mobo, unless requested otherwise, so hardware changes are no problem.
Bios version updates need a new one, but apart from that....
Also, let me know what alcid number you're using?

The GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 is a really lovely looking board!

I really dig the fact that the audio op-amps are Dip-8, and on sockets.

You could probably put something even better sounding in there than the JRC's and the Burr Brown's.
Both of those are running in Class B.

Sure man. Just upload your vanilla.
An IOReg would also be good. Also the mobo name and bios version so others with the same board can grab it.
I only put in stuff that's built into the mobo, unless requested otherwise, so hardware changes are no problem.
Bios version updates need a new one, but apart from that....
Also, let me know what alcid number you're using?
This is for Gigabyte GA-Z170Z-Gaming G1 UEFI F22i Using alcid:7 with and SDDT Also alcid:4, kind of works with only one output missing. alcid:7 also has the same missing output, is the only issue pending.

Attachments

• Gigabyte GAZ170X-Gaming G1 F22i.zip
    104.1 KB · Views: 94
This is for Gigabyte GA-Z170Z-Gaming G1 UEFI F22i Using alcid:7 with and SDDT Also alcid:4, kind of works with only one output missing. alcid:7 also has the same missing output, is the only issue pending.
Give this a try.
One has your Samsung NVMe added.
The other one does not.
alcid = 7 is in the DSDT now.
Let me know what shows up in PCI from just the DSDT?
The only rename you'll need in OpenCore is SAT0 to SATA.
See attached.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 95
  • NVMe Added DSDT.aml.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Clover Rename.png
    Clover Rename.png
    862.6 KB · Views: 88
  • OpenCore Rename.png
    OpenCore Rename.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 103
Give this a try.
One has your Samsung NVMe added.
The other one does not.
alcid = 7 is in the DSDT now.
Let me know what shows up in PCI from just the DSDT?
The only rename you'll need in OpenCore is SAT0 to SATA.
See attached.
Thanks for your DSDT. Here are the results:

Plex PCI screenshot results.png

There are a few renames I will like to make because a couple of them look ugly. But it's my fault, because I send you an extracted copy of PCI devices from hackintool without first renaming the ones that I don't like.
I will eliminate the word Other from Display controller. I think all video graphics should have Display Controller under type because they are all display controllers, plus they are already differentiate under Slot in case you have several Graphic Cards. Also, I think it will be better to use Built In for Intel HD Grphics 530 instead of PCI Slot 0.
pci1002,aaf8 it's the ugliest one, I prefer Radeon Vega 64 HDMI Audio or Vega 10 HDMI Audio, plus the video and audio part of a Graphics card should have the same slot ID.
Also the Slot path could be simplified to just Slot 0, Slot 1, etc
Another weird thing is that when you highlight one of the PCI devices to look at the bottom description, some of them have the same thing under Name and Type.
Cheers, I'm happy that you send me this DSDT. Now I'm getting more interest in DSDT's. Before I was just injecting them through Clover Bootloader in the Devices/Properties section.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your time and effort.:clap::)

The GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 is a really lovely looking board!

I really dig the fact that the audio op-amps are Dip-8, and on sockets.

You could probably put something even better sounding in there than the JRC's and the Burr Brown's.
Both of those are running in Class B.

Which Class A op-amps would you use?

I put the IGPU on a slot to make it show up in PCI.
If it goes in as built in, it won't show up. This is normal.
I can do that if you want? See attached.
Other Display Controller happens automatically in PCI when you have a graphics card as well. Also normal.

The audio device on that board is not fully supported in OSX, which is possibly why you get that weird looking second one. That is not in the DSDT!
The DSDT only has the one HDEF added and that's on alcid =7 (showing up right at the top in your PCI), and should work without the alcid being added anywhere else.
The HDMI controller would normally show up with something like an RX580 or 590, etc. It is in the DSDT.
I know the Vega 64 handles things a little differently.
The only thing you should put into Device Properties in Clover is the Vega 64.
Let the DSDT do the rest and then see what shows up.
Your IOReg also shows another USB 3.1 controller but I've only added the ASMedia one for now as it wasn't clear exactly what the other one was?

Definitely don't put SMBus in Clover Device Properties as your puter won't sleep if you do.

The general rule that seems to work best is:
Internal mobo stuff = DSDT.
External added cards, etc = Device Properties.

Let me know if everything is running correctly?

Attachments

• No IGPU in PCI DSDT.aml.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I put the IGPU on a slot to make it show up in PCI.
If it goes in as built in, it won't show up. This is normal.
I can do that if you want? See attached.
Other Display Controller happens automatically in PCI when you have a graphics card as well. Also normal.

The audio device on that board is not fully supported in OSX, which is possibly why you get that weird looking second one. That is not in the DSDT!
The DSDT only has the one HDEF added and that's on alcid =7 (showing up right at the top in your PCI), and should work without the alcid being added anywhere else.
The HDMI controller would normally show up with something like an RX580 or 590, etc. It is in the DSDT.
I know the Vega 64 handles things a little differently.
The only thing you should put into Device Properties in Clover is the Vega 64.
Let the DSDT do the rest and then see what shows up.
Your IOReg also shows another USB 3.1 controller but I've only added the ASMedia one for now as it wasn't clear exactly what the other one was?

Definitely don't put SMBus in Clover Device Properties as your puter won't sleep if you do.

The general rule that seems to work best is:
Internal mobo stuff = DSDT.
External added cards, etc = Device Properties.

Let me know if everything is running correctly?
The other USB 3.1 controller is a Gigabyte USB3.1 5.25" Front Bay Expansion Port (GC-USB3.1 BAY)
And is connect to an Intel SATA Express Port.
Thanks again, I'll try now your DSDT.
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 1.38.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back