Contribute
Register

DSDT Help Needed: Lenovo Thinkstation D20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it. It was a huge pain in the ass, but google every error that hangs the installer. PCIrootuid=1 is your friend. DSMOS has arrived is one of the errors I remember seeing. I have kexts to provide once you're up and running but I've forgotten a bit of the install process.... I nearly tore my hair out to be honest.

Hi The Freeman, I'm trying a hackintosh with a lenovo s20 (single Xeon E5640/ GTX560/ 12GB RAM) and can't get passed the apple logo. Any help with your experience would be extremely appreciated, many thanks in advance...

Hi The Freeman, I'm trying a hackintosh with a lenovo s20 (single Xeon E5640/ GTX560/ 12GB RAM) and can't get passed the apple logo. Any help with your experience would be extremely appreciated, many thanks in advance...

Hey, I never got a notification about your post. Were you finally able to install it? I'll be able to help more on the weekend when Spring Break starts.

Hey everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd get some hope out there to anyone in a similar position.

I just recently got a Lenovo S20. It has a Xeon W3680, 24GB of ram, GeForce GTX 470 and a PNY CS1311 SSD.

I've been able to consistently install and boot 10.11.5, but I'm only able to do it from the USB boot loader. Once I install clover and start loading kexts, that's where things get dicy. I'm trying to figure out exactly what it takes to get it going and actually, as I type this post, I just had the idea of copying the config.plist file from the USB's EFI "drive" to the SSD's EFI "drive". I'm gonna try that and let y'all know what I get.

But as of right this moment, it has been possible for me to install and boot into OS X 10.11.5...

Happy Hacking!

Hey everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd get some hope out there to anyone in a similar position.

I just recently got a Lenovo S20. It has a Xeon W3680, 24GB of ram, GeForce GTX 470 and a PNY CS1311 SSD.

I've been able to consistently install and boot 10.11.5, but I'm only able to do it from the USB boot loader. Once I install clover and start loading kexts, that's where things get dicy. I'm trying to figure out exactly what it takes to get it going and actually, as I type this post, I just had the idea of copying the config.plist file from the USB's EFI "drive" to the SSD's EFI "drive". I'm gonna try that and let y'all know what I get.

But as of right this moment, it has been possible for me to install and boot into OS X 10.11.5...

Happy Hacking!

Hi, I have just got mine c20, tried "standard" preps (bios, usb) but I even cannot get the load screen up (boot hangs on white blinking cursor like it was loading something) . Assuming it can be similar to other Lenovo c/d20 could you please help with suggestions? Thank you!

Which load screen won't come up? The one where you select which drive you want to boot from? Or the mac os x load screen? If it is the clover boot loader screen, then I don't think it would be white to begin with. I'd suggest starting from scratch and using this guide and following it pretty much to the T using the legacy boot loader method. That's mostly what worked for me...

Alos, just to update the thread, I'm actually typing this from my s20 with everything working EXCEPT audio [which again is of no consequence for me since this is a production machine and thus has a firewire audio interface for audio]. The ethernet problem I was having was more of a user error. For some reason, the ethernet option in the BIOS was set to "Disable" and so it just wouldn't show up in the system info, but once I figured that all out, it came right up and is running great!

Alos, just to update the thread, I'm actually typing this from my s20 with everything working EXCEPT audio [which again is of no consequence for me since this is a production machine and thus has a firewire audio interface for audio]. The ethernet problem I was having was more of a user error. For some reason, the ethernet option in the BIOS was set to "Disable" and so it just wouldn't show up in the system info, but once I figured that all out, it came right up and is running great!

Do you think it would be possible to get audio working with not too much trial/error? Was install straightforward? Would get D20 for a very convenient price but not sure if want to try the install-error-training again .. installed Yosemite on Dell E6520 laptop, took maybe two days which is still reasonable

-Smo

Do you think it would be possible to get audio working with not too much trial/error? Was install straightforward? Would get D20 for a very convenient price but not sure if want to try the install-error-training again .. installed Yosemite on Dell E6520 laptop, took maybe two days which is still reasonable

-Smo
I haven't actually tried the D20, but I'd imagine it is somewhat similar. At this point, I'm able to do the install from scratch with nothing made in about 3 hours or so. It's pretty straightforward surprisingly. If you do it, lemme know and I'll try to watch out for the thread to help out if I can...

I haven't actually tried the D20, but I'd imagine it is somewhat similar. At this point, I'm able to do the install from scratch with nothing made in about 3 hours or so. It's pretty straightforward surprisingly. If you do it, lemme know and I'll try to watch out for the thread to help out if I can...

Well, I missed the auction :( .. could have got D20 with E5620 & Quadro 4000 card for 200€ :) .. idea was to add hexcore E5645, sell Quadro and add two Radeons, couple hard drives for raid and enough memory :) .. not sure if those all would have worked in hackintosh setup though and quite power hungry.

Continuing my eGPU-planning for laptop ...

Thank you for reply,

-Simo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back