Contribute
Register

DSDT Help Needed: Lenovo Thinkstation D20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I missed the auction :( .. could have got D20 with E5620 & Quadro 4000 card for 200€ :) .. idea was to add hexcore E5645, sell Quadro and add two Radeons, couple hard drives for raid and enough memory :) .. not sure if those all would have worked in hackintosh setup though and quite power hungry.

Continuing my eGPU-planning for laptop ...

Thank you for reply,

-Simo
Oh man! That woulda been quite the rig. I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner!

All the best with whichever direction you end up going in!

I haven't actually tried the D20, but I'd imagine it is somewhat similar. At this point, I'm able to do the install from scratch with nothing made in about 3 hours or so. It's pretty straightforward surprisingly. If you do it, lemme know and I'll try to watch out for the thread to help out if I can...
but to me it seems like you're using a different motherboard in your system so maybe thats how you got yours to work

but to me it seems like you're using a different motherboard in your system so maybe thats how you got yours to work
That is a definite possibility. There's been so little testing and experience that it's hard to say. I'm hoping to get my hands on a d20 sometime in the next few months (really want a d30, but we'll see) so I'll let you know. Sorry I couldn't help more...

Hopefully a few of those that successfully got their S/D20 working are still monitoring this thread…

I recently purchased a D20 with Dual X5650 and 96GB of RAM! :)

I also bought a HyperX Predator PCIe SSD for it.

This has been a little frustrating for me. I am trying to install Sierra onto the SSD. The frustrating part is that the installation works fine! Using a basic Clover USB drive, I was able to boot into the installer, format the SSD (which it saw no problem), and then install OSX. However, after rebooting, I am simply unable to boot up on the SSD. I have tried everything, with no success. I know OSX can run fine on my machine (at least the installer), and I know the SSD works. Why can't I boot up?

Whenever I try to boot up on my SSD through Clover, it hangs at the same spot (picture below). I've looked at my successful boot logs when I boot off the USB drive, and the very next step is related to finding/mounting the boot disk. Specifically, the very next line is "Got boot device = IOService:...". This step works fine when booting off the USB, but doesn't work when booting off the SSD.

I've also tried to install OSX to an internal SATA HDD, and even to an external USB drive. All of these install fine, but, have the same problem when trying to boot up.

Can anyone provide assistance? I've done all the standard fixes to try and get it to boot (PCIRootUID, npci, -v, -x, etc.). I've tried playing with some BIOS settings but haven't found anything that works yet.

Very same situation here - spent 3 days googling/testing. :(

Hopefully a few of those that successfully got their S/D20 working are still monitoring this thread…

I recently purchased a D20 with Dual X5650 and 96GB of RAM! :)

I also bought a HyperX Predator PCIe SSD for it.

This has been a little frustrating for me. I am trying to install Sierra onto the SSD. The frustrating part is that the installation works fine! Using a basic Clover USB drive, I was able to boot into the installer, format the SSD (which it saw no problem), and then install OSX. However, after rebooting, I am simply unable to boot up on the SSD. I have tried everything, with no success. I know OSX can run fine on my machine (at least the installer), and I know the SSD works. Why can't I boot up?

Whenever I try to boot up on my SSD through Clover, it hangs at the same spot (picture below). I've looked at my successful boot logs when I boot off the USB drive, and the very next step is related to finding/mounting the boot disk. Specifically, the very next line is "Got boot device = IOService:...". This step works fine when booting off the USB, but doesn't work when booting off the SSD.

I've also tried to install OSX to an internal SATA HDD, and even to an external USB drive. All of these install fine, but, have the same problem when trying to boot up.

Can anyone provide assistance? I've done all the standard fixes to try and get it to boot (PCIRootUID, npci, -v, -x, etc.). I've tried playing with some BIOS settings but haven't found anything that works yet.

So, I've had SOME success.

I still haven't been able to boot from an INTERNAL drive on which I installed OSX. However, I attached TWO USB drives to my system, and boot up to the installer on the first drive, and then installed OSX to the second USB drive. Then, I WAS able to successfully boot up from the second drive to the INSTALLED OSX. I had OSX booted up without any issues (not working 100% yet).

My next step will be to try something like the following link to attempt to boot up from the SSD. It might just be that I need to boot through USB for the life of my Hackintosh.

Link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/boot-osx-on-a-nvme-card.1967790/

Very same situation here - spent 3 days googling/testing. :(

View media item 188356

I've successfully got El Capitan running, booted from my internal PCIe NVMe SSD drive (by following the instructions in the link from my previous post). I've now got read/write speeds of 750+MB/s (I think I'll be limited to those speeds since it's only PCIe v1.0 on the D20).

My only limitation now is that the OS is only seeing 48 of my 96 GB of RAM! Hopefully that will be a simple fix.

Did you find a solution for the ram?

Did you find a solution for the ram?

Not yet, I haven't really played around with my Hackintosh in a while, although with the lacklustre hardware offerings coming from Apple, I've pulled it out again. I'm going to try again to get the RAM working as well as a working NIC. I couldn't get the NIC to work. After a day or so it would just stop working. Didn't spend too much time figuring it out because I needed to get work done, so I fell back to my MBPr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back