Contribute
Register

DSDT from old EP45-DS3L install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
GT640, GT520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello tonymac community.

I currently run a chameloen based 10.6.8 machine with a GA EP45-DS3L motherboard. I am looking into upgrading the machine to 10.7 with the new Unibeast installer but I have one question regarding the DSDT. Since there is not one in the database here, should I use the old one I have now that works in 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance.

actualsizeaudio said:
Hello tonymac community.

I currently run a chameloen based 10.6.8 machine with a GA EP45-DS3L motherboard. I am looking into upgrading the machine to 10.7 with the new Unibeast installer but I have one question regarding the DSDT. Since there is not one in the database here, should I use the old one I have now that works in 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Unless you flash your BIOS with a different version, there is no need to change the DSDT.

Thanks for the help. I made a clone of my 10.6.8 system, and then ran Unibeast on it. It seemed like I was going to have success, but alas, once I choose my lion HD in the Chimera screen It goes to KP after about 10 seconds.

I guess I'll try a fresh instal of Lion.

So, an instal on a fresh drive worked wonders. However, running multi beast with my old dsdt caused the system to KP again, after the fresh instal worked great pre multi beast. Oh well. I guess I should just instal kexts as I need them and forget about the old dsdt?

Ideas?

actualsizeaudio said:
So, an instal on a fresh drive worked wonders. However, running multi beast with my old dsdt caused the system to KP again, after the fresh instal worked great pre multi beast. Oh well. I guess I should just instal kexts as I need them and forget about the old dsdt?

Ideas?

I have a similar motherboard EP45-UD3L, and I do not use DSDT when installing Lion.

I suggest you forget about the DSDT and just install kexts as you need.

Thanks Mr. Bond. Seems like any modifications I do with Multibeast end up making the thing go pear shaped. I've now installed Lion 3 times because any mutibeast tweaking, no matter how small either gives me a KP, or weirder, the ghost buster sign over my apple when trying to boot. I've never seen that one.

I guess I need to figure out how to get into the system and undo stuff without having to go nuclear option every time.

It seemed like the only thing I needed was a way to boot with Chameleon and to get audio working. Everything else seemed great.

So, if I boot from my unibeast USB stick I can happily run my lion drive or my Snow leopard drive. Awesome! Few questions:

Audio doesn't work on either. What driver do you use? What should I look for in my kexts folder to get rid of that might be causing an issue?

I can't boot from the HD, I get a KB. Should I try and un-instal Chimera from the Lion drive? Is there a way or a reason to do that?

I use my old DSDT and just a few manually-installed kexts with Chimera 1.9.1. For Multibeast, I do neither the UserDSDT nor the EasyBeast install, just the bootloader, the first two audio options, Ethernet, I think, and all the FakeSMC options. I also use a System Definition, PCI configuration fix, and PCI root ID fix. Don't forget that Lion ignores kexts in /Extra/Extensions unless you tell it UseKernelCache=no. That was my problem for a while.

It's wonderful that this hardware keeps on kicking; with a nice new SSD and an eVGA GeForce 210, it's still snappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back