Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello tonymac community.

I currently run a chameloen based 10.6.8 machine with a GA EP45-DS3L motherboard. I am looking into upgrading the machine to 10.7 with the new Unibeast installer but I have one question regarding the DSDT. Since there is not one in the database here, should I use the old one I have now that works in 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
actualsizeaudio said:
Hello tonymac community.

I currently run a chameloen based 10.6.8 machine with a GA EP45-DS3L motherboard. I am looking into upgrading the machine to 10.7 with the new Unibeast installer but I have one question regarding the DSDT. Since there is not one in the database here, should I use the old one I have now that works in 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Unless you flash your BIOS with a different version, there is no need to change the DSDT.

Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GT640, GT520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the help. I made a clone of my 10.6.8 system, and then ran Unibeast on it. It seemed like I was going to have success, but alas, once I choose my lion HD in the Chimera screen It goes to KP after about 10 seconds.

I guess I'll try a fresh instal of Lion.

Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GT640, GT520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, an instal on a fresh drive worked wonders. However, running multi beast with my old dsdt caused the system to KP again, after the fresh instal worked great pre multi beast. Oh well. I guess I should just instal kexts as I need them and forget about the old dsdt?

Ideas?

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
actualsizeaudio said:
So, an instal on a fresh drive worked wonders. However, running multi beast with my old dsdt caused the system to KP again, after the fresh instal worked great pre multi beast. Oh well. I guess I should just instal kexts as I need them and forget about the old dsdt?

Ideas?

I have a similar motherboard EP45-UD3L, and I do not use DSDT when installing Lion.

I suggest you forget about the DSDT and just install kexts as you need.

Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GT640, GT520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks Mr. Bond. Seems like any modifications I do with Multibeast end up making the thing go pear shaped. I've now installed Lion 3 times because any mutibeast tweaking, no matter how small either gives me a KP, or weirder, the ghost buster sign over my apple when trying to boot. I've never seen that one.

I guess I need to figure out how to get into the system and undo stuff without having to go nuclear option every time.

It seemed like the only thing I needed was a way to boot with Chameleon and to get audio working. Everything else seemed great.

Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GT640, GT520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, if I boot from my unibeast USB stick I can happily run my lion drive or my Snow leopard drive. Awesome! Few questions:

Audio doesn't work on either. What driver do you use? What should I look for in my kexts folder to get rid of that might be causing an issue?

I can't boot from the HD, I get a KB. Should I try and un-instal Chimera from the Lion drive? Is there a way or a reason to do that?

Motherboard
H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
i5-260whatever
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 I think.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I use my old DSDT and just a few manually-installed kexts with Chimera 1.9.1. For Multibeast, I do neither the UserDSDT nor the EasyBeast install, just the bootloader, the first two audio options, Ethernet, I think, and all the FakeSMC options. I also use a System Definition, PCI configuration fix, and PCI root ID fix. Don't forget that Lion ignores kexts in /Extra/Extensions unless you tell it UseKernelCache=no. That was my problem for a while.

It's wonderful that this hardware keeps on kicking; with a nice new SSD and an eVGA GeForce 210, it's still snappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.