Code: sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

Now you'll have it on your desktop.

since Ubuntu 11.04 the directory has changed to

/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT

Thank you so much, this is very informative. :D

animeghost said:
since Ubuntu 11.04 the directory has changed to

/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT

I have tested this and it works great so just for clarity and to help out Noobs, I have provided an updated guide based on Tonymac's original instructions on how to extract a DSDT in Linux however this guide is based on Ubuntu 12.04 with the code line provided by animeghost ;

EXTRACT A VANILLA DSDT IN Ubuntu LINUX

1. Download Ubuntu Live CD from Ubuntu web site Desktop CD section. Choose the 64bit version (or 32bit if you prefer)

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

2. Burn and boot from CD. Choose the 1st option, run without installing.

3. You will be in the Ubuntu desktop as user ubuntu with a home folder of /home/ubuntu.

4. Select white Ubuntu icon called Dash Home (located at the top left), enter the letter 't' or the word 'term' in the Search bar to reveal the Terminal. Launch the Terminal and type:

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > dsdt.aml

Now you'll have it in your home folder.

5. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and transfer to OSX for future editing or upload it to the forum ;)

EDIT: the previous version of this post supported Ubuntu 11.10 http://releases.ubuntu.com/11.10/

I want to thank Robbish for his updated guide on how to get my dsdt.aml file with ubuntu 11.10. I finally got mine placed on the desktop. :headbang:

Using the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Live CD:

Use the "Shopping Bag" icon to go to Ubuntu Software Center
Search for and install IASL
Use the "Ubuntu Logo" icon to go to Dash Home
Serach for "term" or "terminal" and open the Terminal program
In Terminal, type "iasl", verify command line parameter help displayed
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > dsdt.aml
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ iasl -d dsdt.aml

Those files should be in /home/Ubuntu, which is the startup directory when you launch terminal the way I did.

Copy to thumb drive, or whatever.

Enjoy.

-Dave

OK. I have my DSDT file (finally). Now what do I do with it? My gigabyte setup works perfectly with the DSDT, but trying to get sound on my intel nuc 6i3syk isn't possible without DSDT edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back