Contribute
Register

DSDT for Gygabyte EP45-UD3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I've found my people! I have this exact same build as well. I tried to use a DSDT that I downloaded here and it didn't work: http://www.osx86.net/view/299-ga-ep45-ud3p.html

So then I tried EasyBeast with the following other options and everything worked except audio (the audio is detected but no sound):
EasyBeast
System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
ALC889a
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet

This is the furthest I've got. Resolution looked fine, but App Store wasn't working. I tried messing with my Ethernet to get App Store working but then decided to reinstall again.

This thread looks good for getting App Store working: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31774&hilit=app+store+working&start=30

If I can just audio and App Store, then everything is good.

UPDATE: Audio magically started working when I installed Lnx2Mac drivers. The Realtek drivers are still installed and I'm not sure what to do about getting rid of them. Once source says they can co-exist.

I have 10.6.8 working nearly flawlessly on my EP45 rig using the old Stellarolla lifehacker tools. So the main reason I want to find a DSDT is to install 10.7...has ANYONE found a DSDT that works for that purpose?

sns26 said:
I have 10.6.8 working nearly flawlessly on my EP45 rig using the old Stellarolla lifehacker tools. So the main reason I want to find a DSDT is to install 10.7...has ANYONE found a DSDT that works for that purpose?

Did you read my post? EasyBeast replaces the need for a DSDT on Core 2 machines.

I have GA-EP43-UD3L
My hackintosh is rater old, and i've edited my dsdt myself and everything working well till now, with 10.7.2.

You can post your vanilla dsdt extracted from linux and i could try to modify it.

matts said:
Did you read my post? EasyBeast replaces the need for a DSDT on Core 2 machines.

Sorry--I did read the post, but it seemed that you still had glitches with App Store, etc. Is your rig working fine now? (Including sleep, which is pretty important for me?)

like I said I used the v3 dsdt. I'm on 10.7.2 and sleep/autosleep shutdown work. I had to fix the cmos reset with a 10.6.7 rtc and I put my ethernet string into the boot plist to fix app store. not an expert but it seems to work well. it's not a mac

sns26 said:
Sorry--I did read the post, but it seemed that you still had glitches with App Store, etc. Is your rig working fine now? (Including sleep, which is pretty important for me?)

Everything is working great except for the App Store at the moment (including sleep). I think everyone running 10.7.2 (regardless of DSDT) has had to fix the App Store issue.

Important to note is that I am not running Lnx2Mac ethernet drivers and using an onboard ethernet port. In my initial SL build, I had to use an ethernet card and Lnx2Mac wasn't working with it.

The App Store started working when I got to Method 3 of Mak1's steps here: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=33177&start=0

But the step that fixed the App Store (adding EFI string) caused the video resolution to get messed up. I tried to replace it with a combined Ethernet/Video EFI string but that did not work. So now I'm thinking just use Ethernet EFI and then add something else to org.chameleon.boot.plist to set the correct resolution.

I've been working Mak1 in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31774

silversled said:
like I said I used the v3 dsdt. I'm on 10.7.2 and sleep/autosleep shutdown work. I had to fix the cmos reset with a 10.6.7 rtc and I put my ethernet string into the boot plist to fix app store. not an expert but it seems to work well. it's not a mac

Would you mind posting your boot plist? I've got the same hardware as you and haven't gotten the App Store working yet. When I added the ethernet string to the boot plist, it messed up my video.

Get efi studio and generate your network string and use that. There is some links already to the posts I used. Last week I had all the same problems and just read the posts. Remember my board and bios are the same as the LH build.

If you have done that, I don't think mine will solve your problem.

when waking from sleep after an extended time there is a delay before the ethernet hooks back up

Sorry matts I just read your post completely, I don't know how to fix it. I've been pretty lucky resolving issues

Thanks again stell

I have exactly the same board (version 1.6) and wanted to install Lion for many months now, but nothing works at all all the time if I boot installer (with -x -v) the boot process stops somewhere around "launchctl.c:2406" error. Installer screen never appears. Even with the most recent Unibeast I can't get to install screen.

Did anyone have such an issue before and was able to resolve it? Is it possibl it is my BIOS (version FFb) is to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back