Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus P8Z77-M Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys I've modified bios v2105 with PMPATCH so full PowerManagement. There is a big but (and I can not lie:lol:); Those assh0l3s at Asus put some security in the bios (from version 19xx) so you are not able to update with FTK, when you are running v2003, as wrote a little How-to some posts back. What you have to do is the following;
  • Update your FTK-stick with modded BIOS v2105 View attachment P8Z77-M-PRO-ASUS-2105_modified.zip (how-to few posts back) as 'bios.bin'
  • disable DSDT, add Nullpowermanagement.kext and alter org.chameleon.boot.plist. (What to do exactly I wrote few posts back)
  • Use Asus' USB Flashback-feature. Put BIOS v1805 (View attachment P8Z77-M-PRO-ASUS-1805_modified.zip) as 'P8Z77MP.CAP' (if it wasn't) on the empty FAT32 MBR USB-stick. You can use your own early BIOS.CAP-file if you like doing so.
  • Do the USB Flashback (system is in shutdown-state as in powered off). Flashback-procedure = section 2.3.10 User Guide (system reboots like 3 times before POST).
  • Now you can use the FTK-stick to update to v2105.
  • The rest of the procedure is 2 or 3 posts back. Read this one first.

I'm running v2105 patched DSDT with MaciASL and PJALM-repo as we speak.

Okay guys I've modified bios v2105 with PMPATCH so full PowerManagement. There is a big but (and I can not lie:lol:); Those assh0l3s at Asus put some security in the bios (from version 19xx) so you are not able to update with FTK, when you are running v2003, as wrote a little How-to some posts back. What you have to do is the following;
  • Update your FTK-stick with modded BIOS v2105 View attachment 76725 (how-to few posts back) as 'bios.bin'
  • disable DSDT, add Nullpowermanagement.kext and alter org.chameleon.boot.plist. (What to do exactly I wrote few posts back)
  • Use Asus' USB Flashback-feature. Put BIOS v1805 (View attachment 76724) as 'P8Z77MP.CAP' (if it wasn't) on the empty FAT32 MBR USB-stick. You can use your own early BIOS.CAP-file if you like doing so.
  • Do the USB Flashback (system is in shutdown-state as in powered off). Flashback-procedure = section 2.3.10 User Guide (system reboots like 3 times before POST).
  • Now you can use the FTK-stick to update to v2105.
  • The rest of the procedure is 2 or 3 posts back. Read this one first.

I'm running v2105 patched DSDT with MaciASL and PJALM-repo as we speak.

I'm trying to get your settings to work with the same build, except for the Graphics Card which is an Asus GTX560 (no Ti).

I've been out of luck today, I'm new to hackintosh so I'm having a rough time following up procedures since there's so much output.

Do you think your build would work just fine with my graphics card? Could you post your .mb file with all the extra files required?

Thank you so much in advance, Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back