Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yodaoh
You're absolutely right ! I don't know why but Multibeast didn't remove NullCpuManagement.kext by itself, i removed it and now that's what MSRdumper is reporting:

Jul 19 09:33:13 Mac-Pro-di-Gaetano kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 39

Thanks ! Now i'm going to disable as media usb 3.0 from bios and check sleep, too :D

According to ROG forum there is a bios problem with Maximus V Gene affecting sleep in windows
microsoftacpi.png

there is a beta bios out there address the fixed. i will test it once asus release a official bios update, i have no idea this will affect hackintosh sleep function or not.

I am testing Mountain Lion GM right now, but forum rule doesnt allow talk until offfical release. Rumour on July 25, 2012 that less than a week.

Attachments

• microsoftacpi.png
    microsoftacpi.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 220
@dakotar

I dont have sandy bridge CPU, so i cant help you with your speedstep problem. remove nullcpumanagement.kext for speedstep to work
I think you have to install SSDT for sandybridge to get the right multiplier for your i5 2500k.
also max overclock frequency is 4.2Ghz. if you want to clock higher you have to edit SSDT yourself. There is a guide at 10.7.0 desktop thread.

Sleep is still not working, the PC shuts off, but then moving the mouse i only see a black screen and i have to reset ... I also disabled the Asmedia usb 3.0 from the bios ...

PS: How long it will take to have a stable build of ML on this motherboard ? I'm new in the "Hackintosh world" :p And will it be possible to update from the current lion version ?

Hi guys i'm new in the forum.
recently i bought a pc with a maximus v gene, i5 3570k ivy and a asus hd 7870.
I hope that can learn with some of you, how to make a hackintosh with these components.
But first i have to buy a second ssd.

adolfo88 said:
Hi guys i'm new in the forum.
recently i bought a pc with a maximus v gene, i5 3570k ivy and a asus hd 7870.
I hope that can learn with some of you, how to make a hackintosh with these components.
But first i have to buy a second ssd.

You should be good. Just run bridge helper on the unibeast flash drive.

I'm fine without speedstep I think...maybe i'll try it. Got the SSDT Installed.

Okay, so I removed it and ran Fix permissions. Runs fine still. Gonna get my Turbo back at 4.2. Didn't want to mess with that guide since ML is around the corner.

I'm ok to go!
I just bought a new sdd kingston (Kingston Releases SSDNow V200 Series).
So i have to download lion 10.7 first of all, correct ?
Can you share with me some links with me. should i start from where?

adolfo88 said:
I'm ok to go!
I just bought a new sdd kingston (Kingston Releases SSDNow V200 Series).
So i have to download lion 10.7 first of all, correct ?
Can you share with me some links with me. should i start from where?

You need to buy/install SL first then either you can upgrade (after buying) or create unibeast and install that way. Piracy is not allowed on this forum. And for 50$ (For SL and Lion) it's a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back