Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay guys so i need some help here.
Computer is build and working. All hardware is recognized.
When I boot to the USB drive, and try to install OSX I get stuck at the screen shown below in the screen shot, what should I do?
I have to restart the computer manually after it reaches this screen.

The USB drive is installed with the Lion Install app and unibeast as well as bridgehelper 5.0.0

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-07-18 at 13.13.jpg
    Photo on 2012-07-18 at 13.13.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 285
Use -v as a boot flag and show us the error :)
That gray screen dissent really say anything.

And have you remembered to enable usb3 in the bios?

AngelFox said:
Use -v as a boot flag and show us the error :)
That gray screen dissent really say anything.

And have you remembered to enable usb3 in the bios?

fixed it myself! had to change the dim mhz from 2133 to 1333
but now, i am only able to get through a few steps of the installer, right up to the point where it asks me where i want to install mac os x. In the window below there is nothing. No drive for me to select. suggestions?

Again! solved my own problem. Drive was not formatted. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

now the keyboard and mouse problem :x

Edit: Fixed as well.

For future reference the "no smoking" sign is the Waiting for root device error. OS X Can't read the intended path.

@AngelFox
MSRdumper reports only "PStatesReached: 35" with my 3770k, any ideas ? How did you get your speedstep working ?

@HeavyArms
I had the problem of "Still waiting for root device" too, i solved it by disabling the network controller from the bios and the Lion setup starts without problems. If i leave it enabled while launching Lion setup it always shows me "Still waiting for root device" ( in -v mode ) or the picture you've posted launching without flags

im still running into various issues.

I've installed OSX on the HDD, but the system keeps rebooting after the install whenever I try to boot into OSX from the HDD. I ran the terminal codes Tony put in the tutorial on how to install lion, but its not working. I'm kind of stuck here.

HeavyArms said:
im still running into various issues.

I've installed OSX on the HDD, but the system keeps rebooting after the install whenever I try to boot into OSX from the HDD. I ran the terminal codes Tony put in the tutorial on how to install lion, but its not working. I'm kind of stuck here.

This is how i got my Osx Lion working on Asus Maximus V Gene and i7 3770k:

I installed lion on usb stick using unibeast, then I installed BridgeHelper on the usb stick.
I disabled the network controller from the Bios ( otherwise i remain stuck at the error "Still waiting for root device" ) and then i booted up from the usb Stick, so i installed lion on my HDD. Then i booted up again from the usb stick and I opened the terminal to copy the ivy bridge kernel on the hdd:

rm /Volumes/"NAME OF YOUR HDD/mach_kernel
cp /Volumes/"NAME OF YOUR USB"/mach_kernel /Volumes/"NAME OF YOUR HDD/

PS: keep the " "

After that I activated again the network controller from the bios and then I rebooted again from the usb stick and selected my hdd from the boot menu: Lion started up, then i ran multi beast and now everything seems ok, except speedstep and sleep

@Gaty,

Do you have NullCPUManagement.kext installed, sleep and speedstep doesnt work with NullCPUManagement.kext.

If you want speedstep and sleep working use multibeast 4.6.1
-Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
os x 10.7.4 ivy bridge

it will patch your AICPM.kext, and remove NullCPUManagment.kext.
If speedsteep still doesnt work please check your Extension folder manually remove NullCPUManagement.kext yourself.

Also you dont have to disable intel network during installation. try disable "Asmedia USB 3.0" you can enable it later, however, i am having sleep problem with asmedia usb 3.0 enable in bios.

Multibeast 4.6.1 USB 3.0 kext is not native support so i am not using it at the moment.

@HeavyArms

I think Gasty answer the problem for you, make sure you name your HDD drive and USB stick correctly.

Or follow Tony's Guide HDD NAME LION and Unibeast USB, USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back