Contribute
Register

DSDT for ASRock Z77 Professional-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrengles, I like your build. Will it wake by bluetooth? Apple trackpad? And I see your driver for the network. Does WOL work? Also does your dsdt support the onboard HD4000? HDMI with audio also? If not what card would you recommend for out of the box compatibility? I am new to building. I currently built a gigabyte z77n-wifi, but it has a few flaws. The onboard HD4000 does not maintain its underscan settings. Requires that it be set to sleep. Upon wake up the underscan works. I maybe able to fix this with a card. Also, I can not wake it up by the apple bluetooth track pad. I will purchase this board if I could just wake it up without having to physically do it. Electronics are in a rack in the other room. I would be interested in purchasing a usb install stick and detailed instructions from you to simplify my build. My processor is a i7-3770k and corsair vengeance lp mem. 16 GB. I am using a rack mount case.
Thanks,

Hey after i install Mountain Lion my computer will boot up fine with the usb. When i use Multibeast(I used your 1.9 DSDT and also have patched my bios with 1.9 patch) to make the OS load independently, on restart it freezes and verbose mode has indicated that "this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a" and the last line is macx_swapon SUCCESS

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i have an i5-3570k)

EDIT:

I GOT IT WORKING!

i used Multibeast but did NOT use the DSDT. It is working flawlessly with my PNY GTX 460 also. if anyone sees this and would like to know how i did it you can get ahold of me very quickly using this email: [email protected]
I am willing to help anyone with this motherboard

He mrengles, thank you :)
I finally switched my board, everything but HD4000 is working with ML 10.8.4.
I am using your DSDT for the 1.90 bios. Any chance you will update your DSDT for the 2.0 bios version?
And an other question: have you seen this thrat <http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/99976-asrock-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html> and might it be possible to join your's and PJALM's work?

Thanks for the DSDT. With patched bios + the 1.80 DSDT, I have my hackintosh up & running OSX 10.8.3. The 1.90 bios (patched) + 1.90 DSDT won't boot - I just rolled back to what did work rather than investigate exactly why.

I did have problems with HD4000 graphics. I didn't intend to use it, but wanted to get base system working before trying the GTX670. I don't know the fix for glitchy HD4000, because I switched to the GTX670, which had its own issues.

Boot with GTX670 initially lead to errors like http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/92917-nvidia-gtx-680-not-working-after-update-10-8-3-a.html "Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physbase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt"
The common suggestion was to disable the HD4000 when using the PCIe GPU, but ASRock's bios had no clear option for that.

Setting default to HD4000, the system would boot displaying bios + boot loader over HD4000, then OSX switched to GTX670 for the login screen. This works, but isn't really ideal - I want to see BIOS + Bootloader. Eventually I determined that in addition to setting PCIe video as primary, I needed to set the various HD4000 supplementary options to "Disabled" instead of Auto/Enabled. That seems to fully disable the internal GPU, and the OS boots fine, with bios displaying over the GTX670.

I have tried this setup with a 660 and can only boot up as described, when I switch to PCI graphics it just won't make it to the login screen. Tried deleting some files as suggested from this post quoted below re the ASROCK z77 Itx but no go.

Mrengles, can you confirm if you had the same issue?

Thanks in advance
nin39z, lunari,

I had the same issues as you post 10.8.3 update. The problem is related to both the HD4000 and dedicated graphics loading at the same time. This can be seen in the logs here:

Code:
Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

The IVB - ivy bridge, ie HD4000 AppleIntelFramebuffer is failing to load. Something to do with a stolen range.
This is caused by a conflict between dedicated and non-dedicated graphics. This happens because when your DSDT is edited to allow HDMI audio, it renames the graphics adapters internally - and presumably, the framebuffer calls back to its old name or something.

I found three solutions to the problem:

1. Set the IGPU to the default graphics adapter in the BIOS (I believe under northbridge in the UEFI settings).

This does have some drawbacks however, namely that you now have to plug a monitor into the motherboard to see anything while the system is booting. You will still get the full power of your dedicated graphics card, as long as the main monitor you are using is plugged into it. There is a way to do this being able to see your boot on a dedicated card, but it is fairly complex and only works on some cards, so I'm not going to go into it right now. No drawbacks at all apart from the extra screen in some setups.

2. Don't do the HDMI audio DSDT edit.

The problem is caused by the DSDT edit for HDMI audio loading both the IGPU and the dedicated card at the same time. The integrated HD4000 has some kind of problem loading its framebuffer in this situation. If you don't do this edit when you edit your DSDT, then all will be fine. You will lose HDMI audio, but another edit is available to get your on-board audio working apart from this. Also, you lose airplay mirroring.

3. Delete the HD4000 Kexts.

The easiest stop gap solution. The problem is with the framebuffer for the HD4000 loading. If you simply delete these kexts, then all will work. When I did this as a stop-gap solution, I think I deleted all the AppleIntelHD4000-whatever kexts, but I think you could probably just delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (which is the framebuffer that the error calls back to). I did this in single user mode I think, but if you can boot in safemode, that will also work fine. Remember to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache with kext wizard afterwards. Not ideal in case you want/need to switch to HD graphics in the future, and you lose airplay mirroring and maybe HDMI audio (even on your dedicated card) as well.

To start with, No1 is probably easiest, followed by 3. If anyone wants me to do some DSDT editing, then let me know, I'm happy to help. Let me know what graphics cards you have and I may be able to help you with the more advanced version of 1 that will allow you to plug all monitors into your graphics card, have integrated graphics as default, and have it all working.

ASRock Z77 Professional-M • DSDT for UEFI v1.80 • Intel USB 3.0 backwards compatible with 2.0/1.0 devices

This DSDT has produced a 100% working hackintosh. Please keep in mind that I'm using Clover v2 EFI Bootloader and not Chimera, but the results should be the same if not very similar.

Before I get to far ahead of myself I would like to personally thank forum member Mieze, without her this DSDT would not be possible. Everything I know about DSDT editing can be attributed to her teachings. Thanks again! ;)

This DSDT has the following patches:

• Fixed errors & warnings
  • HDMI audio for AMD, and Nvidia GPUs (Patch by Toleda)
  • HID para CID (Fixes power button)
  • RTC (Prevents CMOS resets)
  • Shutdown (Fixes shutdown issues)
  • SMBUS (Allows needed Apple kexts to load)
  • Reworked Intel USB 3.0 multiplexing to work like Apples IvyBridge Mac's (Created by Mieze)
  • Modified WAK method (Fixed sleep/wake issues)

View attachment 43190

View attachment 48012

Backwards compatibility with the Intel USB 3.0 ports requires an Ivy Bridge CPU. I've only tested this DSDT with an i7-3770K, but it should work with any 1155 socket Ivy Bridge CPU.

For native power management under OS X, this motherboard needs a patched/unlocked UEFI (Bios) more information on the subject can be found here.

Just when I wanted to install my hackintosh with the same mobo, I see your site is offline :'(

Mu build log is here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/others/138087-custom-built-desk-watercooling.html

Any help concerning the Clover bootloader would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Metalcored00d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back