Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I know most of you would say "warnings and comments are not important", but I'm on a mission to make my dsdt perfect, (or very close to)

I've come across this warnings and comments/optimizations on various Z170 based boards, so it'll help others too I'm sure.
see pic.

Now, for one of the biggest issues I've found which could be something easy to fix. The HD530.. Before I had a GTX750Ti installed, and recently I had to remove it, no problems, till I build the DSDT and found that it won't boot with it.. I've read that (GFX0) needs to be changed to (IGPU), but that didn't solve the problem.. Maybe it needs to be properly placed in DSDT, besides no audio through HDMI..

I've seen many guides on how to add devices to DSDT, and have succeeded in few, with the only issue of not being able to set the proper PCI slot ID which always gave me Pci Slot-0, even if I installed a second GPU it would say PCI Slot-0..?

Find attached dsdt and ioreg.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-07-05 a las 11.56.54.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-07-05 a las 11.56.54.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Asus Z170M-Pro.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 201
  • DSDTEdited.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
Come on guys, I'm sure someone must have had any of these.. or the pci problem with dsdt

No one really, all the greatest minds of mackintosh scene in this site and no one can give ma a hint..? :(

I noticed that a few people give help about z170 platform. Maybe we have to wait for more experience from users.

One thing I have noticed is that many people claims theirs setup works wonderfully and all they had to do was almost nothing.. In the years I have been in the scene I have learned that "almost nothing" is not hackintosh related... So, I'm glad people has their systems running "almost effortless" and everyone seems to be very capable, but when it comes to sharing..

I'm no guru, and I can offer little help, but I don't gloat at my system and make false statements..

If someone is asking for help, and you know the answer, then just answer! what is the comunity for if not for this? I know just a few people who answer questions no matter how noob the answer sounds, @PikeRAlpha for example.
Others around claim to be "The Tao of ACPI" and care not to even answer in their own blogs to simple questions they have requested users to ask for..

Anyways, the knowledge is there, sharing isn't.

Let's hope things change and we can all learn in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back