CPU
Dual Xeon 5687
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hit a brick wall, so apologies if this is the wrong forum section. Its ultimately to get my Intel network chip configured, I've been searching for similar threads and have learned a fair bit but been stuck for a while, hence the post.

I've used the standard Unibeast / Clover method to get High Sierra working, and everything boots OK. I've also edited the clover plist to configure the 48GB of RAM which is fine too. However, I need to modify the DSDT and add some bits to the plist to get my Intel 82574L network chip recognised. The brick wall I have hit is:

1) If I hit F4 at the Clover boot screen (to save the active DSDT.aml file) I get an instant system crash/hang (register dump, screen of red text requiring reboot, most likely an exception).

2) However, I have found the folder on the hidden EFI partition that appears to contain the ACPI .aml files where there is a DSDT.aml and a few other .aml files. If I load ANY of them into either MaciASL (v1.4 - latest I can find) or DSDTSE (v1.4.3) I get an error "ACPI table terminates in the middle of a data structure!".

Hence I am stuck. Does anybody have any ideas or a pointer to somewhere that may provide an answer?

I've attached the DSDT.aml file in question.

If its is corrupt then how does Clover complete a relatively successful install and boot and I'm surprised that all of the .aml files appear to have the same issue. Am I missing something obvious!? (usually the case).

I am guessing that Clover is crashing part way through creating the DSDT.aml files (all of them!?) and hence they are cut off. If so, does anyone know of another way to extract the DSDT.aml file...? The Clover version I am using the is the High Sierra recommended one from the downloads section.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    25.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hit a brick wall, so apologies if this is the wrong forum section. Its ultimately to get my Intel network chip configured, I've been searching for similar threads and have learned a fair bit but been stuck for a while, hence the post.

I've used the standard Unibeast / Clover method to get High Sierra working, and everything boots OK. I've also edited the clover plist to configure the 48GB of RAM which is fine too. However, I need to modify the DSDT and add some bits to the plist to get my Intel 82574L network chip recognised. The brick wall I have hit is:

1) If I hit F4 at the Clover boot screen (to save the active DSDT.aml file) I get an instant system crash/hang (register dump, screen of red text requiring reboot, most likely an exception).

2) However, I have found the folder on the hidden EFI partition that appears to contain the ACPI .aml files where there is a DSDT.aml and a few other .aml files. If I load ANY of them into either MaciASL (v1.4 - latest I can find) or DSDTSE (v1.4.3) I get an error "ACPI table terminates in the middle of a data structure!".

Hence I am stuck. Does anybody have any ideas or a pointer to somewhere that may provide an answer?

I've attached the DSDT.aml file in question.

If its is corrupt then how does Clover complete a relatively successful install and boot and I'm surprised that all of the .aml files appear to have the same issue. Am I missing something obvious!? (usually the case).

I am guessing that Clover is crashing part way through creating the DSDT.aml files (all of them!?) and hence they are cut off. If so, does anyone know of another way to extract the DSDT.aml file...? The Clover version I am using the is the High Sierra recommended one from the downloads section.

Hi there.

I would try MacASL again.

Run the app without trying to load one of your *.aml files. Instead, once the program has loaded go to the menu and select: File / New from ACPI / ... and you will see the files you need.

Not everyone realises you don't need the F4 Clover "dump".

If this still produces a crash, or similar, then that points perhaps to your SuperMicro motherboard being "tricky" to interrogate.

:)

Makes sense, many thanks for that. Issue now is, bearing in mind the Hackintosh has no network access, I downloaded the MacASL and stuck it onto a USB stick. It won't run on the Hackintosh "Not compatible with this Mac" but will run fine on my 2011 MBP (2.5GHz i7) so not sure what the issue is (both running High Sierra). I'll try harder to get it to run on Hack now - fingers crossed its not my motherboard being "special" ;-)

Makes sense, many thanks for that. Issue now is, bearing in mind the Hackintosh has no network access, I downloaded the MacASL and stuck it onto a USB stick. It won't run on the Hackintosh "Not compatible with this Mac" but will run fine on my 2011 MBP (2.5GHz i7) so not sure what the issue is (both running High Sierra). I'll try harder to get it to run on Hack now - fingers crossed its not my motherboard being "special" ;-)

There are two versions of MacASL in general use. Perhaps try the one by @RehabMan if you haven't already. It's newer but looks as though it has an earlier version number.

:)

MacASL issue was a weird USB stick problem. I used a different stick and got it to work. Original stick is alright but it looked like the package (& zipped file) were getting truncated in the transfer. Got that working now, did the network card patch and boot hangs. So just working through. Clover plist looks OK, I manually edited it and then opened in Clover Configurator and all appears well. So its the DSDT which may be the issue, looked at building an SSDT but not sure about the syntax, but I will slave on :) Thanks for the assistance.

All sorted (for now). I had searched how to get my pair of Intel 82574L network chips recognised and came across a post describing Clover plist injections and a further injection for a DSDT or SSDT. So, knowing nothing, I now know all about DSDT patches, SSDT's and editing them. Spent about 6 hours reading only to just find out one of the kext's that comes with Clover supports these chips, copied into the 'Other' folder, booted and voila - I'm typing this on the Hackintosh... At least I know more today than I did yesterday - but I'll have no doubt forgotten it tomorrow :-D

Many thanks for the suggestions, they definitely demolished a couple of mental baracades.

Interestingly it looks like when I hit F4 in Clover, it generates all the .aml files but doesn't terminate any of them before it causes an exception. The folder is empty unless I press F4, but after the reboot there are lots of .aml files that are reported bad by MacASL. But as you suggested, MacASL actually loads the machines DSDT automatically on opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back