Contribute
Register

DSDT edit/patched AppleHDA for 5770 hdmi audio - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So tonight I tried to install the latest patched 10.6.6 AppleHDA and edit my DSDT to enable HDMI audio for my Sapphire Vapor-x 5770 with a P55A-UD4P. I'm using the latest F14 dsdt, but when I tried to install both the drive ceased to boot. When I attempted to edit my dsdt I wasn't sure where among the devices I should fit it in so I put it second to last among the devices, and then when I went to compile it it was finding two errors that had nothing to do with my edits (not sure if those fixes were the problem). I also couldn't find my pegp address for my video card (which is in slot 1), so winged it with the 0x00030000 address. Figured I'd consult the guru's on here before I make another attempt. Is it ok to be using a recent patched AppleHDA? If anyone can help me make the HDAU edit to my DSDT that would be awesome. Also, where exactly do you find the pegp address to use? I was having a hard time sorting through everything in ioregistryexplorer. thanks

Vartan2012 said:
So tonight I tried to install the latest patched 10.6.6 AppleHDA and edit my DSDT to enable HDMI audio for my Sapphire Vapor-x 5770 with a P55A-UD4P. I'm using the latest F14 dsdt, but when I tried to install both the drive ceased to boot. When I attempted to edit my dsdt I wasn't sure where among the devices I should fit it in so I put it second to last among the devices, and then when I went to compile it it was finding two errors that had nothing to do with my edits (not sure if those fixes were the problem). I also couldn't find my pegp address for my video card (which is in slot 1), so winged it with the 0x00030000 address. Figured I'd consult the guru's on here before I make another attempt. Is it ok to be using a recent patched AppleHDA? If anyone can help me make the HDAU edit to my DSDT that would be awesome. Also, where exactly do you find the pegp address to use? I was having a hard time sorting through everything in ioregistryexplorer. thanks

AppleHDA does not need to be patched for HDMI Audio with a Sapphire 5770. However, the DSDT must be edited. It does matter where the edit is placed. Instructions are detailed here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=108234#p108234 Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back